Finally found a few dislikes with the P5

Monstermile

:
Yes I have one
Nothing major. Just things that bug me because the way they are made/designed.

-The rear defogger does not automatically shut off. Not a big deal but most cars it runs on like a 5-10 minute timer. I'll be all the way to work (hour drive) before I realize it was on the whole time. Sometimes I don't until I start the car back up and realize they are still on.

-The windshield washer is too slow. By the time you hit it and it sprays on the windshield, the wipers are to the top. Seems like you can never get it to spray towards the top of the windshield.

-Self-cancelling turn signals are not very sensitive. Alot of the roads I take are wide turns so they don't shut off.

The defogger light might stay on but I'm pretty sure it turns itself on and off after some time...

You can point the washers higher... I haven't tried it on the P5 but other cars you could do that...

What bugs me is that I can't seem to lock the wheel when I take the key out of the ignition...

The only thing that gets me...

... Lack of torque and acceleration.

Wanted to spend less for a car when I bought it in late 2001. Smallest engine (by far) that I have ever owned and I thought I could deal with it. It's not easy if you like the feeling of sprinting around.

- ZoomFive

Matthew said:
i just hate when you lock yourself in by resting your arm on the door locks

I know...that's really annoying..

This isn't really related but I often lock the door when keys are inside :rolleyes:
but mazda roadside assistant are great service to use!
they use some airbag(prevent from scratch) to make space between doors and and use long alloy metal to open the door.
I want one of those!!!:mad:

i hate how much air blows through the vents when they are set to "0" and you're driving at cruising speed. they could have at least given us the option of closing the center vents (does this still happen when you've got it set to the circulation setting??..i don't know if i've ever checked...).

i also wish they could have given us better intermittent wipers...it's always either too slow or too fast.

b**** b**** b****... :D

Re: The only thing that gets me...

ZoomFive said:
... Lack of torque and acceleration.

Wanted to spend less for a car when I bought it in late 2001. Smallest engine (by far) that I have ever owned and I thought I could deal with it. It's not easy if you like the feeling of sprinting around.

- ZoomFive

I switched from Acura and don't feel that power is very lacking... just rev the s*** out of the engine and you'll be fine...

drumsbeloud said:
...(does this still happen when you've got it set to the circulation setting??..i don't know if i've ever checked...)...
Set it to recirculation and they'll close...

drumsbeloud said:
...i also wish they could have given us better intermittent wipers...
Get the MPV one and you'll love it...

I don't like the stuby lock knob on the door. I am always resting my arm on it when my window is open. It just looks cheap. They should have put it by the inner door lever like most other cars. I also don't like the amount of air the vents blow...it should be more powerful. IMHO

Oh! And when I exit the car while wearing cuffed pants, the cuff always catches on the seat adjuster underneath.

drumsbeloud said:
i hate how much air blows through the vents when they are set to "0" and you're driving at cruising speed. they could have at least given us the option of closing the center vents (does this still happen when you've got it set to the circulation setting??..i don't know if i've ever checked...).

I just turn the switch to defogger and the air stops blowing through...hard at least.

Bijou, how do you lock yourself in? Don't you have the remote? I can't imagine locking my keys in because I use the remote to get unlock and lock the doors, therefore the keys are on the remote with me. Just curious...

Re: Re: The only thing that gets me...

grishulia said:
I switched from Acura and don't feel that power is very lacking... just rev the s*** out of the engine and you'll be fine...

Yeah, that's pretty much what I need to do. It's not quite as happy about revving as an Acura or Honda though. It just takes too long to rev up from a stop light, short of being hard on the clutch. Doing this, the P5 also starts drinking too much gas.

I miss the V8s, V6s, and I6s. On the flip side the economy, style, reliability, and handling of the car are very good.

- ZoomFive

Coqui258 said:
Bijou, how do you lock yourself in? Don't you have the remote? I can't imagine locking my keys in because I use the remote to get unlock and lock the doors, therefore the keys are on the remote with me. Just curious...

it may sound stupid... oh well it is stupid :D
I have habit of unlocking the door lock and accidenlty press all door lock.. and kaboom~ :'(

Well, I am a tech so I made a habit of scroll down the window when I get off the car if the key is in ignition. That will save you lots of trouble.

My 3 minor annoyances so far:
1. No light in the glove box
2. No passenger side power door lock switch
3. Headlights don't turn off automatically when you open the door (warning tone only)

Bijou-MP5 said:

This isn't really related but I often lock the door when keys are insid

Funny, I have the opposite problem -- I keep forgetting to lock the car. This is my first car with a remote and hatch, so I'll get out, get something out of the hatch, and forget to relock the doors. Haven't lost anything out of the car yet, but it's not a good feeling when I see the car's unlocked...

lol, that is so me. in the last 3 days i have forgotten to lock the car 3 times after getting stuff out of the trunk. only to remember about 3 hours later. ;)

alexlitov said:
Why would you want headlihgts to turn off? What if you need to use them when the car is off??
On my old Camry, if the headlights were still on after you shut off the engine, the headlights would turn off when you opened the door. You could turn them back on after that -- it's just so you didn't leave them on accidentally after driving. It's more useful than the warning tone.

Back