Moving college student has several questions...

Onatrum

:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
okay, I got several non-related questions for my Protege5, so I'm just gonna put them in this thread.

1. When I took my car to the dealer for new brake pads, they said that can't find anybody that sells rear brake pads for the P5. There's gotta be somebody right? Anybody know where I can find some? :confused:

2. I want a new air filter for my Injen CAI. I thought I'd double check real quick, is that 2.25" diameter or 2.5"? I can't find the manual. :rolleyes:

3. After removing my Lexani's to put my stock rims back on, the dealer said two wheel studs and two lug nuts were damaged (of course, they say they didn't do it). They were able to get one lug nut onto the stripped wheel stud. But the other lug nut broke to pieces. They suggested finding two new wheels studs and two new lug nuts, HOWEVER they couldn't find any place to get those either....any suggestions? :wtf:

FINALLY...

4. I need new all-season tires for my stock rims. Are there any tires that would work better than our original Dunlaps? If I ask the dealer, they probably wouldn't be able to find those either... :eek:

Thanks ahead of time for any answers provided. :D

Onatrum said:
4. I need new all-season tires for my stock rims. Are there any tires that would work better than our original Dunlaps? If I ask the dealer, they probably wouldn't be able to find those either...

there has been a lot of discussion about this. i've been looking for winter tires for the stock rims and the choices are slim. i think you could probably find some all-season 195/50s out there, but if you can't 205/45s fit and you should be able to find plenty of those.

go with michalins for the best all weather tire or if short on money kuhmo make a pretty good all season for a very decent price.

about the stock pads for the rear, thats alittle odd because i portered for Nissan/Mazda and watched the Mazda techs change a cuple rear pads, u may just have to order them, save money and do them yourself

I got a set for my old ES at a autozone. They have to order them but they were there in two days. Find a new dealer or take it to a real mechanic those guys sound like they are on crack. Can't find lugnuts or studs, even my two year daughter can make a phone call to a auto parts store. Thats just flat out lazy if they are a Mazda dealer I would check with the parts department and have them just order these parts. Lugnuts are so easy to come by so are studs you can get them at your local tire stores. WoW I am getting angry for you. That's just flat out stupid, I would not trust those guys with my car. This is a good reason to become a mechanic. No worries about somebody messing up your car. :mad: :confused: :wtf: (pissed) (rant)

Sorry for the rant things like this piss me off. When dealers hire bad mechanics and call them techs. I have four lugnuts in my glove box I will send you two for free if you really can't find them.:)

Back