Mazda Protege FS-DE engine rebuild kit

ddogg777

:
2002 Yellow P5
Does anyone know if these kits exist to rebuild a newer (2001) engine? I need the gaskets, bearings, etc. I can only find kits that are made for older 80s engines.

I found one, go to my post dated 11/28/03 in this thread to see it.

Last edited:
I don't know of any aftermarket "kits" that exist...but all the parts you mentioned are available through the dealership...there is not a huge market for rebuilding and FS, so I wouldn't expect very many overhaul kits that are cheaper in price compared to the OE pieces...

The dealerships are more into replacing an engine if something goes wrong with it than re-building.

most likely gonna still be a dealer only item. unless you get something from another FS engine.

LinuxRacr said:
The dealerships are more into replacing an engine if something goes wrong with it than re-building.

True...but their parts systems still carry all of the individual pieces if needed...But he is right, it will be very expensive for pretty much anything you order (I have seen an 8v VW engine's cam seal go for about $120 through a local VW-Mazda dealership)

Installshield 2 said:
True...but their parts systems still carry all of the individual pieces if needed...But he is right, it will be very expensive for pretty much anything you order (I have seen an 8v VW engine's cam seal go for about $120 through a local VW-Mazda dealership)

That's for a VW though. VW parts are notriously expensive...

Damn it man, you are right...but Mazda parts from Japan are not a whole cheaper...at leat through that dealership...and that was just a reference on dealership prices...So I was completely off if you were assuming you would pay that much for a single cam seal...

ok how about this;) ... from that same dealership a front engine mount (two pieces of metal welded together and a really flexible bad piece of rubber) goes for about $140 for the 2.0L...

This message is for anyone who has rebuilt their engine. What seals, gaskets, bearings, etc. are a must to replace? I need to know so I can order them. Thanks in advance...
ddogg

Well, I found a sweet rebuild kit so I thought I would post here to finish this thread off. Goto http://www.importperformanceparts.net and click on the Mazda button, then click engine kits, then topline engine kits, then re-ring kit, then scroll down to the '93-'02 FS engine (mazda 626). Actually, either year of the FS engine use the same kit, model EKMA17R for $209. Don't forget to add $40 if you want high performance rod and main bearings!!

Note, I haven't ordered this yet, maybe next week. So be sure to double check that it is the same FS engine. I'm only 95% sure... ;)
(only because it says 626 and not Protege)

i am interested in this kit as well. Seems like a good price for all that stuff. The only things is i have never heard of top line before. hmmmm..

-B

I will have to check this out. I like to stick with Genuine Mazda parts though. It may be a little more expensive but i know what im getting.

Latest posts

Back