ATTN: P5 owners read this BEFORE posting!

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
I don't know if the Mazdaspeed owners have rubbed off on some of you lately, but before the Protege5 section was kept together neatly, but now people are posting the dumbest most distant s*** here. I don't mind moving all your threads a hundred times per day, although it does get a bit tedious. I just want you to be able to find your post about flaming SRT owners on their own forum. :rolleyes:

Here are things that should be in the Protege5 section:

Likes/Dislikes
Cost from dealer
Roof rack questions

Here are examples of things that should NOT be in the Protege5 section:

ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING performance wise other than STOCK protege5 parts. ANYTHING you think that is performance related to the P5 (injen cai, aem sri, hks rear section) IS NOT. Its related to PERFORMANCE and should go in that section accordingly.

Racing someone in your Protege5
Flaming SRT owners on their own forum like a moron that you are.

Any questions, post. Any complaints, PM me.

Matt, do you really think that your sticky will serve any purpose or really curb the issue? Highly unlikely.

While I do agree with you, there's really nothing that you or any of the moderators can do. Spammers, trolls, etc will continue to do their thing. It's the downfall of VB forums across any subject issue, cars are no different.

I also disagree (partially) about the performance parts in the performance section. Because then in order to find out about an Injen CAI (por ejemplo) I have to sort through the entire forum that may discuss the CAI for MSP, MP3, etc. applications. Whereas in the P5 forum, I know any example or discussion will be for MY car.

Rather it would make more sense to have a performance sub-forum within each variant of the Protege if you're not going to approve of generic threads within the primary model forum.

very true, and this idea has been submitted, but yet nothing so far. unfortunately that particular concern is beyond my control, and in the meantime, we must sort posts by performance in one section.

Beyond control? Well then I think you need to talk Enry or whoever runs this joint. Because if you have the power to make threads like this, move threads, etc. than you should have the power to actually put into action our suggestions and feedback.

I realize there are different tiers of 'power' in VB and obviously your power is restricted to a "moderator" or "super-moderator" level. However, it's difficult to show a willingness to comfort if our suggestions can't be made.

im not sure why the plan hadnt been implemented. ill have to talk to antoine or enry.

Makes sense though, right? I don't know your experience with VB but it's extremely easy to use once the initial software is installed and the database configured (which has obviously been done). I think you'd be a good guy for the job, especially considering your frequent activity in the forums.

Heck, the only time I've seen Enry post is when I specifically made a mockery of the piss poor server the site had and the constant donation badgering. Perhaps he only comes out of his shell on negative terms.

;)

hes a good guy, hes prolly just busy as hell.

i would do it if i could. i would love to have seperate performance, how-to, appearance, FI, photo sections for each car, or at least break it down into 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen (to include the p5), and the mp3/msp limited prod cars (plus i think they have the most in common as pointed out by several people in the past). i dont have much vb experience, at least not on the web side of the program. i do have some regular vb prog experience.

harsh words!! very harsh....lol
i am playing guys, just playing... forgive me, i am new to all this so i don't have any idea where or when to talk about stuff... i have been in the tx thread mostly...

:confused: :confused: :confused:
really i am...
it's been a while, i haven't been in the threads at all. been to busy.

Back