turboge

Just finished up my latest task! Take a look below

bmsp4.jpg

bmsp5.jpg

bmsp6.jpg

bmsp7.jpg

bmsp8.jpg

Time for a tuning session!

what was your latest task? i know the car sure as hell looks sick, but i dont see anything obvious.

nice front mount. i see you got your turbo back on. that's sweet looking. has it changed colors at all? and have you fixed your stumbling problem?

Somewhat stealth to the first glance ;)

Turbo has always been on, car is still black. No stumbling since the install of the Haltech, just free flowing power. You can also see the 3" exhaust (barely) in the rear shot with the muffler.

I'm still running 6psi right now, I'm going to severly fine tune it to the edge and see what I can pull out of it.

i'm sorry... i meant turbo-back exhaust on. you were telling me about that beast when i saw you. and you showed me the stumble. anyway, glad you got the haltech to work for you. so is running at 6psi without the stumble any different than running at 10 with the stumble?

I'd say the car running at 6psi with the haltech before the FMIC was similar to the feeling of 12psi on the stock ecu. With the addition of the FMIC I can now add a lot of timing back into the maps without detonation so 6psi will feel a LOT better than before.

I believe most people with mods like mine and the boost turned up to around 10-12psi were only putting down 195whp. I plan on putting down a healthy 190-200whp at the stock boost level if I can.

Braden,
which FMIC is that? Ion? it looks great! how long did it take to put on? and what did it take to do it? any cutting away of front pieces?

holy mother! how's that gonna happen? or is it gonna be one of your trade secrets?

turboge said:
I'd say the car running at 6psi with the haltech before the FMIC was similar to the feeling of 12psi on the stock ecu. With the addition of the FMIC I can now add a lot of timing back into the maps without detonation so 6psi will feel a LOT better than before.

I believe most people with mods like mine and the boost turned up to around 10-12psi were only putting down 195whp. I plan on putting down a healthy 190-200whp at the stock boost level if I can.

This is the Ion FMIC kit, I was a bit dissapointed with the way the install went, the directions left out a lot of things I had to do to make it fit right.

There are 2 holes that you have to cut and I had to cut some of the fin portion of my A/C fan off to keep it from rubbing on one of the silicon connectors. I also have to find some weather stripping because the lower pipes are rubbing where the holes were and making it sound like detonation.

It took about 8 hours to get from 0-complete, then another 4 hours of modification to get the fan from rubbing and other various knick-nacks. I still have to modify the BPV to fit on the injen, right now its venting to atmosphere.

I'm a little dissapointed in the view from up-front it looks off-center. The end-tanks I received on mine weren't the ones in the pictures in the install guide. I'm going to try and put my air temp sensor in today and see how cool the air is. Just tired of working on it right now, taking a break.

wow, i would have returned it. i heard terry's was supposed to be pretty decent fitting. but then so was ions... sorry you had to fudge with it so much. at least it makes a difference, right?

tonkabui said:
holy mother! how's that gonna happen? or is it gonna be one of your trade secrets?

Clean tuning is the secret, running a good amount of timing with the minimal amount of fuel needed to prevent detonation and hot EGT's makes lots of power. Right now I'm about 3 hours of tuning off of completing the fuel maps and another hour or so for completing the timing maps.

Time is the only thing holding me back. This is all done on 91 octane, when I fill the tank up with 100 octane and tune 6psi I can probably pull another 10-20whp out if I'm lucky.

Latest posts

Back