LCD in-dash or out of dash monitors

BlueMP5Dave

:
2005 Winning Blue RX-8
I am going to do a DVD system and I am looking for a good monitor. Have not found much on ratings for these. Just need the basics. Looking at 7 inch at least. Just need to know who makes the best. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Dave

im not too much of an audio-car head, but with anything... u pay for wut u get for. pioneer, kenwood, sony, or panisonic i would think is the best companies to look for screens, if ure willing to pay the cash. peace - chris

i actually like that too but not for the price....i can fiberglass in a 200 dollar screen and hook it up to my dvd palyer for so much less.... i am actually abt to put my deck in the spot below the ashtray and mold in a screen in the origional 2 din spot(will look better for shows)

www.digitalww.com and get the tm-701 if you want a flip out of you can get the non flip out version of that screen for around 30 less. . .around 200 usd

i personally got the vga/touchscreen version of this screen from www.dscustoms.com as with a few others and molded it into the double din spot and that runs about twice as much (400usd)

good to know........not to flame but i have a question traitorhound ....why if you have kicker, pioneer and power acoustic components....why do you have 2 jensen amps?

casue im poor. . ..you wanna buy me amps. . ..i put most of my money in the screen and the computer. . which was around 1000, so i only had like 4-500 left for everything else. . ..so as you can see i got a pretty good deal on most of my stuff

ok i was just wondering.....i didnt know anything about the computer...... i know i am poor too!!!!!!!!

this is the one i purchased.
removed
price is good but delivery will kill ya.

works real nice, haven't installed it in my car yet.
it has two inputs, for maybe a game console and puter.

i would love to mount it how some the guys/gals here do it, but i'm too worried about it getting ripped off.

cheers

Last edited:
first of all the link doesn't work.....2nd of all do it urself.......trial and error......just dont screw up the center consol piece...... i have really no clue how to do it but i am going to try with fiberglass and bondo!!!! it's somthing to pass the time anyway

alpine iva-d900
310236_68_full.jpg

In dash is the way to go.. check out my screen. Its a VGA monitor so its just as clear as a desktop monitor, way better than any of those RCA and S-Video screens.

indash.jpg

elemental I'd like to see more pics of your screen. Got any more anywhere? Looks great from this angle, but I'd like to see it on and also in daylight shot to see how it really looks. Thanks.

Back