weird problem with my brakes

well i was coming back from my GF place on the highway when group of audi a6's (like 6 of them in a row) came wizzing past me ...so i try to follow....ended up doing 170km/h...still didn't catch them. SO i turn off my exit. then i notice my ABS light came on.... well i get near my house and test my breaks at a stop sign, tires screached to a hault (not supost to do that with abs)...get to the next stop sign turn the car off then on, ABS light goes away, try the breaks just before a light....ABS kicks in and i don't screach to a stop

now this problem has happend twice before...but only when i was on the highway for a extended period's of time doing 130km/h+ and each time after i turn off the car and turn it back on the ABS light goes away

any idea's what could be causing this

PS: ive had a major break job at 53 000km, had pads and all rotors replaced. i do heavy milage on my car

Check your brake fluid level; often this causes "idiot lights" (dash lights) to pop up. With ABS, I'm sure it's even more sensitive. Also make sure the cap is on completely and tight.

I have ABS and haven't had that problem or anything resembling it.....good luck!

your abs sensor is Broke.. Same thing happend to me.. Get it fixed.. as long as you have warrenty left.. ITS definitly the sensor tho...

Back