lowering p5

superdude

I am thinking to lower my p5 but I don't which size of wheels to go with and also I don't know how It will afect my waranty. I am not sure if lowering my car can damage the suspension in any way.

Please give me some advise.

Well like u said, it all depends on the size of the tires and the lowering springs u go with. Personally, i would go with either the 17's or the 18's. As far as springs it all depends on how low u want to have ur ride dropped. I know that the Eibach's only offer like a 1.2 inch drop in the front and a 1.4 inch drop in the back. Intrax is about the same. Racing Beat is even worse. Best bet is www.ground-control.com Those are coil-overs though.They offer a up to a 4" drop but the price is about $100 more then the competition. The lower the car the more risk of damage..thats just obvious. I know in Fayetteville, there's a place where they put the springs on and its still under warranty because they have some type of connection with Mazda. Well, good luck!;) :D

Last edited:
For those of you who have lowered your car I was wondering what you did to correct the camber on the car after it was lowered.

Korey Chaos said:
Well like u said, it all depends on the size of the tires and the lowering springs u go with. Personally, i would go with either the 17's or the 18's. As far as springs it all depends on how low u want to have ur ride dropped. I know that the Eibach's only offer like a 1.2 inch drop in the front and a 1.4 inch drop in the back. Intrax is about the same. Racing Beat is even worse. Best bet is www.ground-control.com Those are coil-overs though.They offer a up to a 4" drop but the price is about $100 more then the competition. The lower the car the more risk of damage..thats just obvious. I know in Fayetteville, there's a place where they put the springs on and its still under warranty because they have some type of connection with Mazda. Well, good luck!;) :D

What do you mean RAcing Beat are even worse? The Racing Beat lowere that car about one inch and they ride great, even with the stock shocks/struts. With the racing Beat you will not need a camber kit, I know this because I have installed these myself and been there when the alingments are done. If you go with anything more than the RB then you should look into a camber kit, even the EIbachs will need it, and especially if you go with coil overs. ALso if you get a 17 try to find some light weight ones and as far as 18's they might look ok but they are heavy and will cause premature wear on a daily driver. I have 17's on mine that are actually light than the stock 16's which is nice because althought it might affect the gearing, it did not effect my fuel economy and did not hinder performance.

Back