WTB: Sirius Antenna

enry

Administrator
Yeah I'm looking for a Sirius Antenna. Just the antenna, since I got an MSP. I'll subscribe with a U.S. address.

umm u still need a satellite "box" unless u got one already, right everyone? also, what about the free sirius deal? (since u are subscribing with US address...)

its "SIRIUS READY"

as is my z828 in my MP3. needs a receiver box.

its free in the americansatellite deal. (with year subscription)

It's free no matter what check the website.... and that is BS, "satellite ready". They just wrote a few lines of code !!

It is just like most HDTV-ready TVs, they can view it if it is actually received by the use of an offboard receiver. Most XM or Siruis Tuners will control the receivers that go with them, ie Kenwood receiver and Kenwood HU. YOu need all three components to make it work...HU, Receiver and Antenna.

enry, i know the american satellite deal is the best, u sure u can get the box and antenna for free with just a year commitment and if u cancel only a $50 charge?

I was thinking of getting it for shizzle but now that you tell me that I need a receiver unit in addition to an antenna, I don't know. I thought the HU had a sat antenna plug on the back?
Can anyone confirm this?

No it doesn't, very few HU's actually come with the rec built into the HU.
It just means the HU is capable of having a rec plug into the back of it.
Same as with HUs that use to say "Changer" Ready. It didn't actually have a CD Changer in it, just meant one could be attach to it.

If your headunit didn't say XM/Sirius Ready then you would need to get a FM Mod one that has the seperate little display.

-----

The deal with the MSPs is actually quite good, you get the rec + antenna Free with 1 yr. PLUS think you get 1-3 months free for signing up for a year.

Its up to you though.

enry said:
I was thinking of getting it for shizzle but now that you tell me that I need a receiver unit in addition to an antenna, I don't know. I thought the HU had a sat antenna plug on the back?
Can anyone confirm this?

NO, you MUST also get the reciever. I have a MSP, and I have Sirius installed. It was all free from american satellite. All you have to do is call them and tell them that u have a MSP and they will send the Kenwood antenna and Kenwood reciever (mounted mine under the driver's seat) all for FREE!!! U just have to agree to a 1 year subscription... The reciever is "plug and play" to our head units. U will NOT be sorry u did. I love mine... CD, Whats that? OH, that round thingy... dont mess with those things much anymore.

That is all... :D

Last edited:
enry said:
Can anyone confirm this?
I was going to post my Sirius antenna pic again, but figured I'd save some bandwidth.

enry, yeah, you need a receiver. If you do not want to go through that company for a free one, just get on ebay. I found the tuner/antenna/rf modulator(not needed for our setup) for $100 new.

I then called American Sat. after I found out about their deal and got another tuner/antenna to install in my Dad's Sentra, which then we can use the RF modulator. :D

t3ase said:
I was going to post my Sirius antenna pic again, but figured I'd save some bandwidth.

enry, yeah, you need a receiver. If you do not want to go through that company for a free one, just get on ebay. I found the tuner/antenna/rf modulator(not needed for our setup) for $100 new.

I then called American Sat. after I found out about their deal and got another tuner/antenna to install in my Dad's Sentra, which then we can use the RF modulator. :D

Last month the site used up 400 gigs. That's still well under our 1000Gig Quota.

Back