Snow Tires

pdhaudio said:
keep in mind you get what you pay for...

I dunno............in my life I have had cheap snows from SEARS and expensive Blizzaks.

Didn't make much diference to me.

i bought a set of 15" steelies with hovak snow's already mounted for $330 last year.

Uh................do our cars have 15 or 16" tires and rims?

Gee.......I thought we had 16s........

Ceej said:
Uh................do our cars have 15 or 16" tires and rims?

Gee.......I thought we had 16s........

well for one I dont have the same exact car as you. For two rim size doesnt matter the diameter of my stock tires 205/45/17 is identical to my snows 195/65/15. All you have to look at is the bolt pattern.

bud_d said:
well for one I dont have the same exact car as you. For two rim size doesnt matter the diameter of my stock tires 205/45/17 is identical to my snows 195/65/15. All you have to look at is the bolt pattern.

Ah, I gotcha.

Michelin Arctic Alpin all the way! They might be expensive but they are amazing! I'm picking up a set of 14's for my P5 soon.

I've heard they will do fine. A few people have them on this forum. P17570R14 are the exact diameter of our 16's

What you want is a thinner tire than stock so you will bite through the snow and slush.

i understand about the diameter thing but i was asking if the 14 inch rims themselves will clear the brakes and brake calipers on a P5.

I got some Michelin Pilot Alpins 15" for our P5. Amazing tires and never got stuck. Of course nothing works great on ice except maybe Blizzacks (or so I've heard).

I got the tires from Costco and the rims from the dealer. One good thing about using winter tires is that it gets you off of the crappy OEM ones for winter as well as extending the life of the all seasons.

We have Blizzaks on my wife's P5. I think I paid $4xx for 15" with steelies and hubbies, shipped to my door in Ohio.

my wife never complained once about not having any traction. No news is great news with her ;)

Curt B. Shumaker

We got a club discount with the dealer for the winter rims. I think they were $50 CDN ($35 USD) each. Tires were on sale at Costco for $130 CDN each.

Latest posts

Back