drilled and slotted rotors

gjmoreo

:
Blue MP3
Hey guys ... i was wondering if you could help with some input about these rotors ... all four for a bit over 200.00

Here is the EBAY link ....

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Are these good quality? Has anone seen these before? Comparable to what?Good price?

any and all input appreciated!

Looks like a good deal I don't really see the need for slots on a street driven car they will just wear your pads down faster. Vented is nice though.

I just emailed them to find out what company manufactured them and this was there response. They responded in ten minutes. Now thats service.

Hello,

BPI USA manufactures these rotors.

If you would like to order, simply contact us at 714.713.3717 11am to 5pm PST to order by Visa/MC. Paypal/money order also accepted.

Thanks,

Elvis Nguyen

www.iRotors.com

gjmoreo - if your car is street driven, don't get slotted rotors. Rotors which are slotted & X-drilled @ the same time are only good for show. It renders the slotting useless (as slotting is only affective when it's offset on either side of the rotor).

Your stock brakes are vented your rear brakes are solid.

Thanks Ion good info. I think our brakes are fine the way they are, Just need braided steel lines and you are set.

I sell alot of slotted, drilled, and slot/drilled rotors. All of them have the slots and drilled on both sides. Granted the applications are for BMWs and Mini Coopers.

Hard braking creates a thin layer of gases between the rotor and pad. Slots help move the gas out between the rotor and pad. Cross drilled help keep the rotor cool.

mikeyb - actually both slots & x-drilling allows de-gassing. However for street applications, degassing is not really too much of a concern now.

we generally recommend x-drilled for street use as it allows better pad contact in the wet.

It's the venting that actually keeps the rotor running cooler

iON Performance said:
mikeyb - actually both slots & x-drilling allows de-gassing. However for street applications, degassing is not really too much of a concern now.

we generally recommend x-drilled for street use as it allows better pad contact in the wet.

It's the venting that actually keeps the rotor running cooler

Thats true, but most of my BMW customers drive a lot faster then Mazda Protege owners. Most of them belong to some autox club or race series. Or they just drive their cars hard. Some do buy them for show!

SO i NEED REAR BRAKES NOW .... wht is the best way to go? all original OEM parts? new pad and rotors? dealer fix it? do it my self?

where do i get some brembo blanks?? i need new pads and rotors up front. Am im not looking to drop 600$

I might be ordering them. I have been checking out my options..

Im not sure if the silver is to BLING BLING for me. and i dont like gold or black.

you can find real brembo's on ebay for the same price. just the rotors, but i usually see them. either just cross drilled or just slotted, or both. but i see them quite often on ebay. i know someone that has them and he likes them a lot.

paulmp3 - the silver just looks like perpetually new rotors. Spots that aren't in contact w/ the pad will stay on. The rest will inhibit any rust.

iON Performance said:
paulmp3 - the silver just looks like perpetually new rotors. Spots that aren't in contact w/ the pad will stay on. The rest will inhibit any rust.

So your saying, the sufrace will still rust???

Who makes these rotors?

paulmp3 - if you look on your stock rotor, you see rust where there's no contact with the pad right? When the rotor is cad plated, those parts which are not in contact with the pads will stay protected and look silver like the pad contact area :)

The rotors are made for us by KVR :) The actual manufacturing of the rotors is actually in the US :)

Back