Scratching sound from MSP CAI when I turn left..

:
My Car is ORANGE POO!!!
There's a metal rubbing scratching sound when I turn left...
and I figure its the CAI rubbing... but I don't see any rub spots and it's installed properly.. rubber bushing etc... so no probs there.... is there anything else I negleted or should look for?

thats wierd, there isnt anything that should effect the CAI while turning, unless centrifugal force is forcing the CAI to the right and its hitting somethng...

you know that hole that the CAI goes down into, where the filter is put on? my bet is its rubbing there. people usually put some rubber around the hole to prevent it. is that what you were talking about..rubber bushign?

Yellowspeed i have the same problem myself. Ihear it when i take off too. turn left it rubs and on a hill when going forward i wouldnt worry too much about it im not. (msporange

but if what jonnydoe is talking about is right... then you better worry about it... because its going to eventually eat through your CAI pipe and put a nice hole in the side of it.

mine used to make a rattling sound from the cai hitting the side of the hole going down in front of the wheel well. my friend and i cut some rubber hose up and shoved it in there. doesn't rattle anymore....we put some zip tie on it later to hold it in place. you can see i broke the top of the vibration damper off.....

fb67d3b7.jpg

Back