Brake Rotors

cmack98

Hi everyone,

I need some help, I got a quick question...

I was thinking about getting some cross-drilled Brembo rotors for my P-5. Does anyone know how hard they would be to install?

I have gone as far as replacing my brake pads on my other car, wich entailed removing the caliper and all. I am thinking that once I remove the caliper, shouldnt the brake rotor just slip off of the thing? I dont know what you call the bolts that the lug nuts attach to, but you know what I mean...

If thats the case of just taking off the tires, removing the calipers, sliding the old rotor off, and putting the new rotors on, then I can probably handle it (easier said than done, I can see those calipers not wanting to go back on easily...)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Craig

Cmack...you are pretty close....btw...those bolt things are called STUDS.

I have never removed mine...but unless they are made different than every other I have done this too....well maybe someone behind me can confirm whether or not I am right or not....

the fronts should come off like you mentioned....the rears are a different story though...the bearings are mounted internal to the rears....so what you would have to do there is remove the rears...have the bearing races removed and pressed back into the new discs....then grease them all up and reinstall them on the spindles.

as I said...I have not removed mine as of yet....but every other I have done in the past was put together like this.

Hey thanks for the clarification Sir Nuke!

Now if Sir Nuke is right about the rear brake rotors (which is something I think I want to stay away from, sounded too hardcore for me..) I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost to get these installed, any clue?

If its a lot of $$$, then I could probably do the front myself, and have them do the back to save me from the aggravation. If its not a big difference in cost, then I might just have them do front and back, so that way I can just be totally lazy and not do anything?

Any idea on the cost of something like that? Like I said, I am kinda new to all this, so I have absolutely no clue as to what I may be getting into...

I just know that the cross-drilled rotors look pretty bad-ass, especially with our wheels where you can pretty much see the entire disc.

Thanks for all your help!

Craig Rudzenski

sir nuke:
why would the rears be any different than the fronts? when doing the rears you just have to remember to readjust the caliper piston before you can put it back on. to make the hub integral to the brake disc sound like crappy engineering to me.

Back