What piggyback does Modern Performance use?

ddogg777

:
2002 Yellow P5
I've read up on the posts but I still don't quite know what Nick's piggyback does or who makes it. Better said....how much can it do and what are its specs? Terry's Microtech is the bomb but dang, I just want something to take care of my timing and fuel and leave everything else alone. I might have to mix and match turbo kits to get that!

The company that makes the piggyback is a very reputable company that makes a great product. That is all I am at liberty to say.

If you want to control timing and leave everything else alone, you would probably be better suited with MPI's (Modern Performance Inc's) Piggyback.

The piggyback can also control auxillary injectors or progressive nitrous.

If you take a look in the screenshot on page 3 of the Modern Performance Inc thread, I think you will get a better idea.

I hear ya. The Microtech is awesome but the price and loss of some creature comforts has pushed me away. Turboge and Hiboost are in the process of tuning the Haltech E6K which I will more than likely go with. Micha, I thought with MPI'S Piggyback you had to run additional injectors to obtain proper tuning? I do not want to do that. Fill me in.

Our piggybacks are made form a company called Digital Tech.

The have been making piggyback units for years outside of the USA. The problem is they are DOS people only. It took me over one year to make then understand that Windows is the only way to go. They also have added hardware updates for us along the way as we needed.

We run them on all kinds of cars. From 500hp WRXs to all of the Vipers we build, some over 735rwhp. Our new system will let you have full control of you fuel and spark without removing the stock PCM from your car. Everything will work like stock until you hit boost. No starting problems or running rich at idle. Unlike years ago when the stock OEM computers were very slow and did not do much, the new OEM computer are very fast and more and more they work better then some aftermarket system. Plus our system is very easy to tune.

Our new system we sell along with a highflow mass air kit will run larger injectors if this works for you. You can run the 42lbs units but as with the standalone systems talked about on the forum, the car will more then likely NOT PASS TAILPIPE TESTING. This is why we have been running the extra injectors. Some people feel they would have problems with fuel balance from port to port. This is not a problem on a boosted car. I know that still some do not want the extar injector setup and this is fine with us, do what works for you. Use our piggyback and mass air system to run your large injectors. Plus you can still have our boost spark retard along with boost control. We also have a dual map program that will let you go from program to program with a flip of a switch.

Thanks again

Later.........Nick

May the Boost be with you

Originally posted by MPNick
Our piggybacks are made form a company called Digital Tech.

Do they have a website or anything so I can read up on the specs?

Plus our system is very easy to tune.

I have never tuned before but I am no dummy, I even have a carputer, would I be able to do it?

Plus you can still have our boost spark retard along with boost control.

It has a vacuum port for boost like the Microtech?

We also have a dual map program that will let you go from program to program with a flip of a switch.

How about a touch of my touchscreen computer?

Thanks again

No, thank you!!

Our mass air and piggyback system comes with the software, software manuals, security key, wire harness, piggy back computer, 80mm mass air meter, air filter, extar injectors kit, fuel lines, fuel rail, injector bung, injector pigtails and wire harness. The cost is $1335.00

With the extar injector harness kit, cost $945.00

We read boost with the mass air meter, some systems use a map sensor. We find the mass air meter to be spot on.

It is not hard to tune at all. Bigger the number the more fuel. Please keep in mind that we will preprogram the computer for your car before we ship. After that you will be able to fine tune it if you need to. Or even better you can datalog a short drive and e-mail it to me. I will then play it back on my computer and see what your car needs and make the change to your tune file. I then e-mail it back to you and away you go. If you call ahead first this can be done while you wait by your computer.

Thanks again

Later..........Nick

I like this.......hmmmmmm. hmmmmmmmmmmm. You will probably here from me in the future! But with 16 numbers and an expiration date! Thanks.

How much with the 42lb injectors? Is it plug and play or do I have to splice it in. Thanks.

MPNick said:
The price without the extra injectors kit is $945.00

Thanks again

Later.....Nick

At what point do you recomend getting new(adding) injectors? How long would the wait be(reprogramming, etc)? I'm very interested!

we do not use a FMU, so we use the extra injectors system when ever we have boost.

We preprogram our piggyback before we ship it to you. We stock all of the parts, so we can ship the same day. If you are not sure how to fine tune it after you get it we can then tune it for you with e-mail and running our datalog program of the piggyback.

Thanks again

Later........Nick

I'm not worried about the tailpipe testing issue. So that means I can get your setup(without extra injectors), get some bigger injectors to replace the stock ones and be set? Fine tuning shouldn't be a problem for me. How much boost will be safe with this setup? Sorry for all of the questions but I'm very interested!

MPNick said:
We stock all of the parts, so we can ship the same day.

Later........Nick

This sounds like a winner. I'd love to go with one of Terry's setups cause he's been so much help but I don't want to change anything over and the Emanage doesn't control timing.

Back