price of m5

PS-

"P.s. I'm not going to take sales advice from a 20 year old broad. "Research-Research-Research" HAHA, 20$ says you get approved at 15.9%

-Miker"

Ok so wheres my $20???

Ok, so you helped us buy saying.. Research..

Right, Thanks for the hot tip Mrs. Forbes... I guess next time I'll stray away from my Flip the coin antics.

Please by all means, don't think your doing any of us ANY favors..

- Miker

Christy,

"The Check is in the mail..."

Apprently you believe everything you hear... So this should pacify you for a while..

- Miker

YEP christy...I got two P-5's from Gillman...and they had the BEST price at the time...the LAST week of last december....remember...the end of the year thing YOU bourght up?

and the fact that YOU believe they were one of the highest is just the reason I was willing to HELP YOU by stearing you to someone specific there...and if YOU believe that the sales manager himself is going to give you the best deal at a dealer....well I guess you will just have to live and learn....happy car shopping.

I had the OPPORTUNITY to get the FULLY LOADED..including custom leather that they have there....the sticker is 23K....they offered it to me for 18K.....do the math.....THAT is where they started...but then again...alas...it was a stinkin automatic....and that just takes all the fun out of a sports car IMO.....

so good luck....dont' do anyone any favors by passing on any good information to the board.....

and remember this.....there is a thing called KARMA....good and bad....and in YOUR young life I have a feeling you have not had the opportunity to experience much....but you will.....and IF you don't know the laymans saying that deals with Karma....you should...."WHAT GOES AROUND...COMES AROUND"...... believe me...it WILL come back to haunt you.

Mr. Joel,

Because people say stupid things, and it is hard to point and laugh when there are 1000's of miles between us.

- miker

wow! i thought i was getting a great deal when i got mine for 16600 drive out. hmmm...i guess i still need to learn more about how business works. LOL, and the guy that sold us the car supposedly lived in my neighborhood, so i got a "neighbor discount." lol

jdm_mp5 said:
wow! i thought i was getting a great deal when i got mine for 16600 drive out. hmmm...i guess i still need to learn more about how business works. LOL, and the guy that sold us the car supposedly lived in my neighborhood, so i got a "neighbor discount." lol

jdm....remember....YOU said drive out....TTL and all that good stuff will add about $1000 to the DEAL you made....

what options if any did you get on your car?

MrJoel said:
Why do these boards always turn into a place to argue?
because mrjoel-im a girl and i possibly cant get such a good deal and im not that smart and im too young to know any better:)
what men have been telling me all my life and i do love proving them wrong, yet still after i prove myself it still wont shut them up...i will always be wrong because of my gender and age
probley why i enjoy working on cars because its "forbidden fruit"-hehe:)
Id have to say 75% of guys think thats cool the other 25% just hate the fact a girl would/could do such a thing because they are old fashion thinkers
I am going to just avoid this thread-i would love to butcher up a few quotes that followed my last reply but i wont, trying to be civil.
we'll just see, hows about that?
ill keep those who want to know updated.
PS- the dealer that offered $15499 for the loaded car called back last nite when we were away..wonder what they want. keeping fingers crossed:D

:cool:

Re: ...

christie said:

because mrjoel-im a girl and i possibly cant get such a good deal and im not that smart and im too young to know any better:)
what men have been telling me all my life and i do love proving them wrong, yet still after i prove myself it still wont shut them up...i will always be wrong because of my gender and age
probley why i enjoy working on cars because its "forbidden fruit"-hehe:)
Id have to say 75% of guys think thats cool the other 25% just hate the fact a girl would/could do such a thing because they are old fashion thinkers
I am going to just avoid this thread-i would love to butcher up a few quotes that followed my last reply but i wont, trying to be civil.
we'll just see, hows about that?
ill keep those who want to know updated.
PS- the dealer that offered $15499 for the loaded car called back last nite when we were away..wonder what they want. keeping fingers crossed:D
:cool:

Don't worry about any of the arguing, it's seems to be the norm on boards like this... Good luck on getting your car (since you obviously have good taste, picking a P5 and all) Have you firmly decided on an automatic transmission?? I drove both and the standard just seemed to be much more responsive. Anyhow, enjoy your new P5!

I figure the dealer wants you to come in so that you can explain to then what the hell you are trying to type in your posts.. Maby I missed the post with the ebonics decoder ring needed to read what you are trying to say?

Or perhaps it is so you can come in and they can all point and yell " FOOLED YOU!"

Just my guess...

- Miker

Dealers make very little money on cars - this is the way it has been for years - it has nothing to do with the public knowing the dealer invoice or anything like that. Any dealer 20 years ago would show you the invoice if you asked. It's not the point.

Dealers make money on everything - particularly, the financing, extended warranties and dealer-installed options. I'm willing to bet, Christy, that your P5 for that price includes nothing. Go add up 80 for floor mats, a charge for deaelr prep, the cargo net, etc, etc. and the price goes up. Phone quotes mean nothing.

Oh, BTW - the "options" one the P5 are very few - moonroof, ABS/side airbags, a few stereo options (hint - DEALER installed, BTW) and auto. So a "loaded" P5 means nothing - they're all loaded - and the total for all the options is about $2000 - if you pay full price, which you shouldn't.

So please stop your bragging about research, and just go buy the damn car....oh yeah, I mean let your hubby buy the car with HIS good credit.

p5-

we decided to get an automatic with the 4 month old baby, just much easier to get things off the floor and to grab his pacifier if you only need 1 hand on the wheel. we both prefer stick shift but decided against it because of the baby.
Oh BTW yes ive already gone in to talk to both sales managers, they werent talking bs.
and yes the car "loaded" is $15499 everything included except TTL(he threw in the "free" mnrf, mats, cargo, etc-in the haggling i told him the stuff isnt "free" im still paying for it and showed him by adding the numbers up-he stopped throwing around "free" so liberally after that)

The base MSRP is $16975 for houston (included $520 for destin charge)-
Options:
Wheel Locks $24
Wheels: 16 in. Polished Alloy $400 (vs the standard alloys that come from the manuf)
Transmission: Sport Automatic w/Overdrive $810
Seats and Seat Trim
Leather Seat Upholstery $392
Audio
Cassette Player $160
In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer $400
Other Options
Anti-Lock Brakes w/Side Airbags $656
Power Moonroof $560
Auto Dimming Mirror w/Compass & Temperature $185
Perimeter Alarm w/Shock Sensor $176
Floor Mats $64
Cargo Tray $39
Rear Bumper Guard $36
Moonroof Deflector $32
Cargo Net $28
(these are the "invoice" price not sugg retail)

Just giving you the facts, dont want to argue.
~C~

Guys, gals...

I'd have to say that I know why this is a heated issue: NO ONE WANTS TO ADMIT THAT THEY PAID TOO MUCH FOR THEIR CAR (Sorry for shouting).

Now, that being said: Christie is telling the truth, in general.

1) "Research" is critical.
2) Comparison shopping is too.
3) Taking a long time to make a deal benefits the buyer, because the dealer will continue to make concessions in order to keep the sale.
4) The end-of-year rule IS still relevant.

However:

1) The point of stated numbers being ever-shifting is true.
2) The trade-in value being pushed against the final car price equaling the same profit for the dealer is true, too.
3) Purchasing in a small market with few competitors results in a higher overall price.
4) If the salesman KNOWS you really want a particular car rather than take-it-or-leave-it, you will probably pay more in the end.
5) The finance department (after a price is agreed upon) will screw you if you are not careful.
6) The interest rate may go up if you have swung a very good deal.

Etc., etc..

Now: Christie has good points. So do all of you dissenters. Let's recognize that getting the BEST deal doesn't always happen. It benefits us all to do our homework, follow the tried and true approaches to dealing with new car dealers, and be judicious.

It also stands to reason that we all AGREED to pay what we did for our cars. We all love our rides. We are one big happy (most of the time) family. We have something much more in common than that we ALL paid more than $1.99 for our "babies". It's our mutual love for these hunks of metal, plastic and paint.

Let's put a fork in it, OK?

Good luck Christie, you're on the right road. Just pay attention to what some of these guys are saying. That way you won't have to lie about what you eventually paid. :)

Last edited:
Syzygy.... you missed the whole point that got this heated....I simply ask her where she had made this great deal at...with the intention of attempting to help her out by giving her ANOTHER in at a dealer that is very close to her....but NOOOOOOOOO she flaunted it in all our faces that she wasn't saying anything and if WE wanted to get a good deal that WE should do our OWN homework...that SHE worked for two weeks to get where she was at and she wasn't going to let anyone in on where she was getting her car...

sorta goes aginst the entire purpose of the board to begin with...we are here to HELP one another...not thumb our noses at the others. Which she did.

I hope she does get a great deal....we all deserve to get a good deal.....I got JUST as good a deal on both of the P-5's I got in december PLUS 0% financing.....SO....there ya go....THAT is why people are pissed off...NOT because she is getting a good deal...we never said she wasn't......she brought this on with her "holyer than thou" attitude.

People tend to get a little bent when you try to do something nice for them and they slap you in the face.

Last edited:
very well put-

thank godness someone in nuetral valley came up with a good go between. and no i wont lie about the final number. to be honest yes they are nickel and diming everything but so am i :)-im probley thier worst nightmare but they also want to sell a car, my husband jokes around saying they probley hear me on the phone or see me coming and lock the doors.
I relize they will try to screw me on everything and to keep my eyes peeled, trying to point out all the things they are trying to screw me on for those purcahsing a p5 or looking to purchase one.
Here's one more to add to the list to look out for:
Scam Of The Month
The "Window Etching" Scam on new cars
How it works: Dealers add a $300 window etching fee, saying you need it to get a loan. Analyze the stupidity: The VIN is on dashes, hoods, doors, quarter panels, it can't stop your car from being stolen. VIN etching on glass won't either. Your TINY insurance discount does not recover the cost of etching. The same kit is $20 online.
How to avoid the scam: Refuse to pay for it, even if it's on the car.
Ive seen this over at gillman-no offense intended but its true. on the p5 i got to "test drive" for the weekend ( took it sat night til monday ) over at gillman, it had it. we read about it after we returned the car.

So where did you get the "invoice" numbers you stated? Some of them are dead wrong. Many of the prices you listed are not invoice, they are MSRP.

Polished wheels - $400 MSRP

Auto Trans. - $810 is MSRP (I paid $500)

Leaher seats - NOT a factory option. Those are aftermarket, so the prices vary wildly. For less than $400, I can guarantee that the leather is not good quality.

6-disc changer - $400 MSRP

Auto Dimming Mirror w/Compass & Temperature $185 MSRP

Cargo Tray $39 - I just got one for $40 - $39 is NOT invoice.

Moonroof Deflector $32
Cargo Net $28 both MSRP.

So you see, you are not getting a car with no dealer profit. Many ofthe accessories and options you list, you are paying full retail for. Trust me, they're making money on you.

I'm not saying that you aren't getting a good price on the car. But to somehow brag that you are getting such a great deal because of all your "research" really isn't warranted. I'm not embarrassed to say that I paid $500 over dealer invoice on my car - I bought in June, and there just weren't that many around and I wanted the car. With taxes, registration, Alarm WITH remote start, and all fees, I paid just about $20k flat. I'm happy - and I'm not embarrassed and don't feel "ripped off" at all, Syzygy. I applaud Christy's work in getting her P5 for the best price possible. But to come here with the "I paid less than you, ha hah..." attitude sucks - and she hasn't even bought the car yet. Plus, the sales tax rate here is 8.5% - that has to be taken into consideration also.

My point-

my point on the whole thing was-if you call the sales managers and have them against each other and get each one to go lower and lower youll get the "best" price. As i said before its not very hard. Most ppl dont use this tactic. They usually dilly dally with a sales person who runs back and forth from you to the S.M.-plainly put try to cut out the middle man. Much faster. The S.M.'s are the ones who know the real price, how much theya re willing to lose, the incentives/rebates.
The others arguing with me live no where near us. so i dont see why I would be snubbing my nose if i didnt give that info about what location i am dealing at to them and they are still chewing me out. I am trying to help those who are looking to buy a car or in the middle of a deal-what good does it do to tell them Im getting my deals at so and so if they live on the other side of the country?? But they can actually use the advice of calling or dealing with the S.M.s.
Thats what I was trying to inform of car buyers or future car buyers. I guess you all just must have missed my whole point.
plus the fact Im so excited to get a $20k at around $16k-16.5 drive out, but talking on the boards makes me not even get one. I argued more on this thread than at the car dealer. This is rediculous. Nevermind anything i said. I must be a complete jackass.

Grim013 said:
I figure the dealer wants you to come in so that you can explain to then what the hell you are trying to type in your posts.. Maby I missed the post with the ebonics decoder ring needed to read what you are trying to say?

- Miker
OK you lost me...

"I figure the dealer wants you to come in(whats the following about??) so that you can explain to then what the hell you are trying to type in your posts (explain to the managers what I am typing in my posts??).." pretty rude talking about ebonics but have to throw it back at ya.

Back