Where do you put your gas cap when filling up?

What do you do w/ the cap?

• Let it dangle

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Hook it to the gas door

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Cut the string and take it out completely

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

funnylittlman

:
Protege
Just like the title says.

Where does everyone put their gas cap while filling up? I hate how if you let it dangle, it could scratch the paint.

SO for the longest time I would hold it while I filled up. Now I have a better way. I can fanangle the door to hook up w/ the little area where the cap attaches to the plastic string. It sits there just nicely! :D

Mine does not dangle outside the fillar opening, instead it kinda of sits there.
Doesn't touch the paint at all :)

Wheeell aren't you special! :D

J/K . I guess the speed is different. It is too long to just let it sit inside the gas filler up area :D

Smart move Greg.

I will post a pic later on tonight of what I do when I fill'er up. It's pretty neat... No one else seems to care though :(

I would care if I had the problem, but since I dont have the problem...then I dont care :p j/k

mine hangs to the left....

oh wait, we're talking about the gas cap!? yeah, i think mine could scratch the paint, so i've been thinking about cutting the plastic cable.

hahha my 2nd gen PWNS YOU ALL.

mines not attached by any stupid tether, I place it into the HOLDER thats on the door itself, even if i forget to replace it, it tucks inside of the gas door area so it can NEVER get lost.

Im surprised they didnt use this clever little device on the enwer ones.

sucks to be yous guys ;)

In jersey we can't pump our own gas, so the fucktard indian gas man always lets that s*** dangle on my car. Im going outside right now to cut it off so he has to put it up on the gas pump. Id rather have to buy a new cas cap because he didnt put it back on, then have to buy a new paint job becase he ****** up my paint.

Familia323 said:

Some states are just like that. I know Oregon is like that. Its the states way of trying to make more jobs.

I place mine nicely on the trunk. it hasnt made a scratch yet. plus my paint is not in the best of shape.

Last edited:
Fandango?

Oh! dangle.
I always try to hook it on the door but then I get pissed and let it dangle but there should be a simple way to put it on the door. That bites, most of the new cars now have a little holder on the gas door now.:wtf:

I have a P5 so it might be a little different. The cap for the gas tank is attached via a plastic piece to the part the nozzel goes in. The door for the gas tank also has a place to put the cap in but you can't put it in there unless you dissattach it from the car. I never could figure out why it was this way but I dont ponder over it for hours either.

Pics for your viewing pleasure:

dscn1553.jpg

dscn1552.jpg

dangle.. LOL.. all guys talking about how they let 'em dangle.. I definitely like this thread. :D

Back