MAF problems?!

Jeph

:
2002 ES-T (dead)
OK so if any of you have read this thread I have been having issued with my engine.
So today the dealership told me that there is no real problem with my car. The engine throws the check engine light at around 78 MPH due to lack of fuel. Since i have an intake, it is apparently drawing more air in than the MAF can monitor, therefore is unable to keep up with the fuel demands. I can see this, but i still think smething is up.
1st of all, i've been up to 120 with the intake, no fuel cutoff. ANd this just started happening recently.
They say its not doing any engine damage, and is not throwing any codes out due to the CEL.
If it is due to my CAI, then can i get a more restrictive filter to somewhat limit the air flow so i don't have this issue when reaching higher speeds?
Or should i just pay them replace my MAF, or pay to have them ship me a new MAF?

I can't find my stock one dammit, does someone want to sell me their stock components?

you should do a scan yourself and see the results. Get the codes!

They may not be telling all the truth....Im turbo and I dont have a CEL related to MAF, but for not having the cats.
And im pulling a lot of air.

Get the code and description of it.

i think its b.s why would it only be starving for fuel only at 78 mph??? is that in 5th gear what if you take 4th to that speed??
and the funnest thing is that no matter what your intake you have it could never make our cars to lean!! they run so rich it's not even funny. and at wot the computer controls the a/f raitos, not the mas senser. so i think its just a bunch of dealer :bs:

well if your dealer told you that the computer is not throwing any codes out because of the cel then right there it tells me they're full of you know what....if you get a cel then there is a code, thats kind of what the cel is, it activates when the the ecu operates outside of specificed ranges for a long enough period that it stores an error message...ie a "code". number two, i would buy that the mass air will read overvoltage if and only if the mass air is faulty. you're not going to out flow the MAF with just an intake. if it is reading overvoltage from too much air flow then it should be replaced because of a faulty sensor. just remember when you test this that the maf is not speed dependent but load dependent, ie the more you have the throttle body open the more air you're pulling through the MAF.

Ok, so i just got my car back from the dealership because they said i could either pay 70 bucks for them to do a full daignosis, or take it because there aren't any "real" problems. My ass there aren't any real problems, what the **** would they call it.
So I absent mindedly get on the freeway to come home, hit 75, it throws the CEL again, then i slow down,a nd at 70 it does it again! And there is definitely something wrong because at 70 with partial throttle, not very much throttle at all, it does it again! This is a load of s***. I don't know what to do.
I really need stock components though, i can't find mine and i think my dad threw them away. They said i should put them back on and see if it still does it. I think i'll put my stock stuff back on and take it back to a different dealership and make them fix it under warranty. The only bad part is that the other dealership is only accessible from the freeway.

try resetting the ecu and see if that helps...worth a shot if you havent already....but it does sounds like a fault maf sensor

well i guess u found the stock air components..... i hit 130 the other day and no cel with a cai.........just to let u know

igdrasil said:
you should do a scan yourself and see the results. Get the codes!

They may not be telling all the truth....Im turbo and I dont have a CEL related to MAF, but for not having the cats.
And im pulling a lot of air.

Get the code and description of it.

Theadjack. igdrasil, I had a buddy pull the codes for my car because of my cel. They are for insufficient egr flow and catilyst monitoring codes(obviously). Just to let you know.I know a little while ago you were wondering what the codes were. My buddy thinks he may know a way to not throw a cel. I'll let you know. :)

1garnetredlx said:
Theadjack. igdrasil, I had a buddy pull the codes for my car because of my cel. They are for insufficient egr flow and catilyst monitoring codes(obviously). Just to let you know.I know a little while ago you were wondering what the codes were. My buddy thinks he may know a way to not throw a cel. I'll let you know. :)
pull the vacum line off at the egr valve that goes to the boost sensor see if it is stopped up most of them are

if you are running the big intake pipe and k&N filter maf may just be dirty clean it with brake cleaner if you could see sensor wire with a magnafyingng glaass it will look like it has hair growing on it

Protege2K said:
you fucktard
haha maf problems fixed a LONG time ago. and it wasn't my maf, it was a loose fuse in the fuse box losing connetion when i went over a bump, or when the engine vibrated too much (over 70 mph)

YA DUMBASS READ EVERYTHING!!!!! sorry i was bored!!!!
wussup zoooooommmmmm btw?

Back