Intercooler and aluminum intercooler piping ?!?!?!?

Pkay

I checked Ions site but their products section doesnt work

First thing we did with our 94Rx7 was hoses and get rid of plastic piping.

Since i'm a new MSP owner I wanna know if the following exist

1) hose kits
2) aluminum intercooler piping
3) any site online with their intercoolers available to order

any feedback would be appreciated

Pkay - we'll have a temp page available for Mazda shortly.

Have you checked out our stage 1 FMIC yet? If not here's some info for you:

Here's a picture of the stock IC vs our stage 1 FMIC:
UPVSOE1.jpg

Here's a picture of the stage 1 FMIC installed:
fmicbfg.jpg

Here are the facts & results:

- Charge temps went from 60C (post I/C on the stock set-up) down to 20C on our stage 1 FMIC.

Stock car baselined: (Before stage 1 FMIC) - boost was 5.5psi peak
(Run #1) 120.6whp peak @ ~6000rpm, 125lb-ft torque @ 4200rpm
(Run #2) 119.4whp peak @ ~6000rpm, 114lb-ft torque @ 4200rpm
(Run #3) 116.2whp peak @ ~6000rpm, 106lb-ft torque @ 4700rpm

After stage 1 FMIC added (w/ stock airbox & K&N panel filter): boost was 5.7psi peak
(runs #1-11 were all higher then #12, we stopped at 12 runs)
(Run #12) 139.3whp peak @ 5800rpm, 146.3lb-ft torque @ 3900rpm.
Baseline Dyno Run:
b4dyno.jpg

After Stage 1 FMIC was installed (12th dyno run showed)
aftdyno.jpg

After an EBC was installed and our 3" cat-back, boost was set to 8.9psi and 192.2whp was made. This was the 12th run as well that set the 192.2whp

Not to be repetitious but a search is very much in order for your request. It's a great way to find something as commonly discussed as FMIC, Hard Pipes and the like.

With that being said Ion Performace and Spool ITS both make hard pipe kits (which is what I assume what you called "hose kits") and FMIC kits. You will find tons of info on both of these kits on the forum and both Ion and Spool seem to be great with answering questions and posting information regarding there products here.

Edit: See, I told you! Ion posted before I could even finish.

will the front license plate holder (such as in my avatar) affect a FMIC that much? (i cant imagine it being any worse than the vertical mount)

SpicyRay - the air flow around the plate will be somewhat affected, however you'll see the benefits of going w/ the stage 1 FMIC upgrade. If you can, slightly tilt your plate back to allow better flow.

SaaBaaDoo - the stage 1 FMIC upgrade is available to members for $900US + shipping. You can also get the CAI upgrade for another $220US. (prices for payment via MO, CC via Paypal subject to 7% equalization charge)

Heathen23 said:
Not to be repetitious but a search is very much in order for your request. It's a great way to find something as commonly discussed as FMIC, Hard Pipes and the like.

right but if you'll do a search of my message you'll see I was looking for ones available online which doing a search wouldnt have solved.

Question for Ion:

Have injen intake already installed..... with this installed what PSi am I looking at and am I in the "danger zone" per say.

also what exactly part by part is included in the stage 1? any topside pics?

Pkay - If you're not turning up the boost, why would you be in the danger zone? You're good to go up to the boost cut if you want to. But without a Boost controller, you won't be able to.

The stage 1 includes the follow:
FMIC itself w/ endtanks & brackets
All piping from turbo->I/C and from I/C to throttle body.
Silicone hoses & SS band clamps.
All piping is bead rolled for positive sealing.

MSEBay.jpg

MSEBay1.jpg

Last edited:
iON Performance said:
Pkay - If you're not turning up the boost, why would you be in the danger zone? You're good to go up to the boost cut if you want to. But without a Boost controller, you won't be able to.

The stage 1 includes the follow:
FMIC itself w/ endtanks & brackets
All piping from turbo->I/C and from I/C to throttle body.
Silicone hoses & SS band clamps.
All piping is bead rolled for positive sealing.

MSEBay.jpg

MSEBay1.jpg

forgive me i think in rx7 world where everything ***** with your psi regardless

Looks like the car you're using has stock intake.... is any of the injens CAI gonna interfere (space wise) with the piping of the FMIC?

Pkay - unless you're making really big power figures, the stock box w/ K&N panel filter does well :) Only if you plan on running past 10psi boost and doing some more mods is going to a CAI worth the money.

You can use an Injen, but it'll have to be slightly modified to fit everything properly (not the piping).

Back