Question for Bosal exhaust owners...

mah p5

I was looking at a pic of the Bosal exhaust pieces and it was pictured for the MP3 and it replaced the stock cat section so it's basically a straight through design with one resonator. Is this the same for the P5 Bosal? I tried to see a pic of the exhaust system on protege5online.com but it only shows the axle back portion. Thanks for any info you all can provide. Pics would be great too! Aftermarket here I come...hahaha...I've never been able to leave a car stock for long!

are you sure it replaces the Cat on the MP3.....I think not....the primary cat stays...its the resonator that gets revomed...

anyway....I have that system on my P-5....I got it from protege5online too....it fits like a champ...and sounds great. the pipe you remove, removes the resonator...not the cat....

Ok, thanks for the info for the P5. However, the pics I saw replaced three parts of the exhaust system. He even laid the stock pieces next to the Bosal pieces and one was the cat portion. Anyways, thanks again for the info.

P5 has a second cat underneith. Before the resonator I think. The federal bosal removes the second cat completely but has a resonator, the california bosal keeps the secondary cat but has no resonator.

nope....the 2002 P-5 has ONE cat..and one resonator....the Cali bosal Cat-back...which is the only one available for the 2002 P-5 from Bosal only removes the resonator...the cat stays.

Back