Test Drove a MSP Today

Big_Red_1

:
'04 Mazda 6s
Well, I went out and test drove a blazing yellow MSP today just to see how I would like it. As I was waiting for the vultures to strike in the lot I was also looking at the Protege 5's and Mazda 6's. I must say the the front of the PR5's look very nice (why don't the standard sedans come with that facia?). The 6's looked damn nice too....just a little more than I want to spend though since I would want the sport package and 5sp tranny.

Anyway, they had a couple titaniums and blazing yellows sitting out and I took one out for drive. The car was very nimble and lightweight and felt like a go cart compared to my explorer lol. Not even close to the hp and torue of my WS6, but still had some good pep and the engine sounded sweet. The brakes also were very responsive and the shifting was very slick. Overall it felt great and for $18,300 I don't see how any other cars can compete with it. The sticker said $21,000, but they are giving them away now for almost $3000 less.

I have a black mica to test out tomorrow with only 7000 miles on it and the guy is asking $17000. To be honest, I like the 2003's styling a little better over the 2003.5....mainly the front facia with the foglights and the silver wheel color instead of the new darker metal color. Those are small nit picks though. I thought the yellow was a very cool color and didn't realize that is was a metallic paint until I got closer. I've never seen a yellow metallic before....very nice. Anyway, now what would you do???

1) Buy a 2003 with 7000 miles on it

OR

2) Buy a new 2003.5 for only ~$2000 more after taxes and title.

I hate to say it, but the guy that is asking $17000 for a used MSP will just have to drop the price I think. Even if he paid $20000 for it you still have to compete with what the dealers lowering the prices of new ones to.

I dunno maybe I can get the used one for around $16000...we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I've also been looking at getting a used 2002 or 2003 Subaru WRX, but they are selling for around $18,000 - 21,000 depending on the milage. Hmmm....decisions decisions :D

Yea you should try to get a lower price on the 2003 model, because it is used and who know how bad its been raped or if it has been babied.

Also wrx's sell for as little as 14k around here depending on mileage.

jaymode said:
Also wrx's sell for as little as 14k around here depending on mileage.

DAMN!! Where are you?

The lowest I've seen a WRX around here in Minnesota was $16,000 and that was a rebuilt car that had a salvaged title.

Are you sure they are WRX's that you have seen or just the RS model?

Back