Leather Seats

Equinox

Daddy Warbucks
Contributor
:
09 370Z Nismo
Something odd about P5s here in Houston. Did dealers where you guys bought your P5s offer leather on your cars? My dealership offered leather in P5s, and also had red and yellow accent trim in those color cars. The odd thing about it tho is apparently Mazda never planned on putting leather in the cars - it's just my dealership went to an aftermarket leather company localy and had them install the seats... had nothing to do with Mazda - I thought it was cool, not to mention the seats have "Protege5" upholstered on the seatbacks.

Hey Equinox,
Well, when I bought my MP3 here in San Jose, CA I saw a black P5 that had black and yellow leather seats, also the steering wheel was black and yellow leather.
The MP3 I got has Black leather seats with yellow trims arond the seats, and also has "MP3" on the seatbacks. It also came with a sunroof. So I'm very happy!!!:D :D :D
You could see some of my pictures at: my mp3
Take care!

Sweet ride man. Love the yellow trim accent - tho the ones here in houston have actual patches of the seats colored, not lines trim around it, a lot like your steering wheel - and yeah you can't lose with a yellow MP3

Equinox said:
Something odd about P5s here in Houston. Did dealers where you guys bought your P5s offer leather on your cars? My dealership offered leather in P5s, and also had red and yellow accent trim in those color cars. The odd thing about it tho is apparently Mazda never planned on putting leather in the cars - it's just my dealership went to an aftermarket leather company localy and had them install the seats... had nothing to do with Mazda - I thought it was cool, not to mention the seats have "Protege5" upholstered on the seatbacks.

Hey Equinox, yep...there are a number of Mazda dealers around houston doing that.....I got mine at Gillman and they had done this with a Yellow one...and a Red one...course they wanted an extra $1500 for the leather.....

BUT now as a mid year option....you can get leather from the factory.

I also live in San Jose and saw leather at the dealers. But I did not like the way it looked. I did not think the yellow or red went well with the Midnight blue mica of my MP5.

Back