NEWSBREAK: Revised 'official' RX-8 HP ratings!!!

Mazda North America Operations and Mazda Canada are revising the RX-8 horsepower figures: the Manual is being revised down 3.6% to 238hp, and the Auto down 4.5% to 197hp.

Anyone who has already purchased an RX-8 will be receiving a letter from Mazda offering two alternatives:

- Mazda will buy back the car for the purchase price, or
- Mazda will provide free scheduled servicing for the duration of the standard warranty plus a $500 debit card.

Basically the same deal that they offered after the 2001 Miata was found to be down on power too (advertised at 150, found to be 142).

RX-8 owners will have 30 days to decide once they receive their letter.

you do realize it's still the same damn car, that so many people are already enjoying, and that the majority of the owners will keep the car and take the $$ and maintenace instead of returning it, that a few little number on paper doesn't mean s*** on how much fun it is to drive???

That was directed RIGHT AT YOU, that is all.

dude NO ONE GOT gipped. (note the correct spelling)

Mazda admitted the blunder and is compensating current and pre order owners.

IT'S STILL THE GOD DAMN MUTHAFUKKING SAME CAR!!!

the majority of the owners are KEEPING the car and taking the $$ and service.

I can't help you if you can't think outside of the traditional 'such car must be so and so' concept.

oh yeah, and it's STILL a better car than that Turd car you have

smolten said:
To bad it's more like 20 but whatever...

Told ya so nya nya :p

http://www.rx8forum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9347&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

What sad is the mods are deleting threads and editing posts from the backlash now.

PLUS you need to register JUST to read threads now.

Dam nazi admins

WELCOME BACK FUCKHEAD!!

smolten-owned.jpg

Glad to see your still not offering up evena 1/2 way intelligent post or idea. Nice to know your atleast consitant in your complete retardation!
Your threads and comments are being edited becuase they are entirely worthless like yourself. Just becuase your a cluster **** don't try to make this forum one.

Last edited:
Yes smolten wanted a Mazda 6i and he really wanted to turbo it!
HOWEVER! This god of perfromance bought an AUTO TRANSMISSION 6i! He wants speed and wonders why the cars slow, again ----> FUCKTARD!!!!!!!!!
smolten said:
How much boost can the 6i auto tranny take? Is the turbo a low spooling turbo? I really don't need a high spool high boot kit. I'm looking for something more low end like what the jetta 1.8t has

It starts to go bad! The first mention of the SRT/4!
smolten said:
Wish they'd let the kit come to the US.

I'd snag it in a heart beat OR hop over to the new 2004 srt4 that now comes with QUAIFE lsd standard.

We see his SSRT/4 addiction growing!
smolten said:
werd Orders for the 2004 srt-4 started June 6th. Delivery is expected in the end of July.

Funny I still haven't seen a 2003 in NJ yet!

Here we see smolten take his final turn, the reason HE ACTED LIKE AN ASSCLOWN ON www.mazda6club.com!
smolten said:
The mazda6 is not a tuners platform. It looks like mostly middle age dinks buy the car. Over at mazda6club everyone s**** in their pants when you bring up adding a turbo in a 6. Oi

instead they are all circle jerking off on on adding ground wires to the throttle body and adding PC cooling fans to the intake pipes.

http://mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=5175&page=1

I might just ditch the 6 to get a protege.

MOre SRT Talk:
smolten said:
I got you all beat in Hamilton NJ. There's a blue mazda6 with ricey Lexus is 300 lights AND OMG Flame stickers on the sides

I WILL GET a picture of this :) I also saw a Toyota matrix with a Fart Pipe on :/

752car3-med.jpg

752car1-med.jpg

Dunno that srt looks mighty sweet the more I stare at it

Here he is screwing with the RX-8 for the 1st time!
Did I mentione he has an AUTOMATIC 6i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smolten said:
dyno%20results%2007-25-03%20small.jpg

No fluke that's the 3rd dyno

rx8 are sloooww.

Link:http://www.protegemp3.com/vbb225/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26367&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

Yes teh all mighty neon again, THAT HE DOESN'T OWN:
smolten said:
yeah and to bad neon would kick the s*** outa the rx8
Here we see smolten making more friends!
smolten said:
ahahahah break in period of 20,000

muahahhaah you shitheads are retarded

More on the RX-8 form mr. Wizard!
smolten said:
http://www.rasterwerks.com/vid/BestMOTORing_2003.07_Part08.avi.zip

That's the video of an rx8 loosing to a s2k, wrx.rsx and g35

muahahaha

"but yeah it's a fun car to drive!!!"

it's not a sport car .. it's not a sedan

wtf is it ?!?!?!?!

A disaster!!! HEH

His response to some RX-8's having auto trannies:
smolten said:
It's a manual assclown

Here he makes the final decision!
To bad he can't afford it!
smolten said:
How much of a hit did you take?
I'm about to dump my 6i auto for an srt-4.

Sorry but my moms 4 cyl pull harder/faster than the 6i... both being autos.

This just looks way to sweet and ya only live ONCE

DSCF0039.JPG

Heres smolten onthe return of the RX-7!
smolten said:
Fully broken in rx-8 are getting 175 whp from a 247 hp rated engine.... So the rx-7 is gonna be what 190 whp?!?!?!?

Pass.... and it won't be here for quite sometime.
link:http://www.protegemp3.com/vbb225/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26621

And FInaly, smolten showing he has totaly changed to the dodge side!
smolten said:
Link:http://www.protegemp3.com/vbb225/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28199

id like to see a neon with 4000 grilles stand up to that. ****** dodge wouldnt stand up to hitting a frog, all that plastic. Thats all that car is, a damn prototype for hotwheels.

Back to the topic on hand. At least Mazda is stepping up and actually giving people the option of buying the car back (which is what I would do). Then take your money to the Nissan dealership and get an Enthusaist Model 350Z around $29K, and bam, you just bumped up your crank hp by 49hp :D

DOes anyone have an idea if mazda is adjusting the RX-8 sales price or even have an idea what they will be reselling the returned ones for?

MSRP will remain the same for the time being.

the returned RX-8s will be offered to MNAO employees first, then off to auction.

Back