luggage rack??

unscrew the philips screws on the ends of the rails, they hold on plastic covers that you can pull off (unsnap with force). Once pulling covers, it will reveal bolts that actualy hold on the roof rails. Un bolt those - and the rails should come off. Replace with covers. Don't worry about breaking the covers of the bolts when first unscrewing - they are very sturdy - and worse comes to worse, you can just get more at the dealer.

Does anybody know how or if it is possible to take off the luggage rack rails (the whole thing)?

z585 it is possible to take the luggage rack completely off. Take the APC project Protege 5. They are completely shaved and painted over. I have recently been thinking about doing this myself. I talked to the body shop at the dealer and they said it would cost $400 to do the job. I am thinking I can get it done cheaper elsewhere though. Hold it down. Peace.

I'd like to know if you do get those rails off. I was hoping I could do it without major body shop involvement, but it looks like they need to fill in some parts. At least some rubber right?

The Canadien versions don't even have the rails! Check out the pic!

Attachments

• red mp5.jpg
    red mp5.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 483
...yeah... that's what we get for letting the Japanese form alliances with the Canadian rabble

The American roof rack is bolted to the car. You'll have to get under the headliner and unbolt it, then somehow fill those holes in permanently and replace the rubber strip in the channel.

Back