Test drove rx8 today

JDM Sam

Banned
alexlitov is a jackass.

Test drove the rx8 today. Way too easy to speed in it. hit 110 not payin any attention to the digital speedo. has a mean 2nd gear scratch. u can even get one in 3rd. car has high pimp factor. females on the road turn and notice the car. i test drove a red one. my only complaint is no low end tq. but the 9000 k rpm is fun to hit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, sat in one at the dealer while waiting for my car, and it felt real good in there. I like it but not $30,000 worth.

If you had 30G's then you should buy an Evo and then you can walk up to the RX8 and say.... " Here let me give you your ass back to you on a silver platter"! :D Dont get me wrong, the RX8 does have a sweetness value! :p

stlstratus said:
If you had 30G's then you should buy an Evo and then you can walk up to the RX8 and say.... " Here let me give you your ass back to you on a silver platter"! :D Dont get me wrong, the RX8 does have a sweetness value! :p

(lol) dood, wait till Mazdaspeed Japan, Greddy, Blitz, and HKS come out with the turbo systems for the RX-8. Then the rx-8 owner will walk up to just about ALL sport compact owners and say, PHEER my 4 door. :D

Tex said:
Whoa. A boosted rotary. Hadn't thought of that.

Seriously? Before the 8, the only rotaries that made good hp were turboed. Often twin turboed.

Boostisgood you know that HKs has a turbo upgrade for the evo and HKS claims that they have made as much as 540 whp with this turbp kit.

they're nice as hell..... my girlfriends co-worker fell in love with our Rx7 and got his 2 weeks back.

the engine is quiet as hell compared to the rx7.....

only complaint is no turbo. we were driving back from chicago with him and while its still a fast car the rx7 can still put 10 car lengths on the rx8 like its nobodys buisness.

Theres a guy here in st louis who's worked on rx7's for years (and has one of the faster 7's in the country) who's doing turbo conversions for the rx8.

gorgeous car.... needs a turbo

Pkay said:
for the record... all 3rd gen rx7s are TT's

But the FAST ones have been converted to SINGLE turbo ;) :D

I never will understand the comments like dude made about 'buy an evo! You'd hand an RX8 it's ass"

Those statement show a very low level of knowledge when it comes to 'sports cars'. On a road course, the RX8 would do VERY well...

There are things MUCH more enjoyable than acceleration - refinement...smoothness..fun factor.

:)

RX8 is MUCH MUCH more classy than the 'Mirage'

;)

I'm glad to see there is another person with a msp from the STL. pkay what part of st. louis are you from and who is this friend you have that works on rx7. Does he have shop, because I'm looking for a good shop in the st. louis area.

There are things MUCH more enjoyable than acceleration - refinement...smoothness..fun factor.

For some people that is what they look for in a car and as for classy looks the 350Z looks classier than an rx8.

I Love St. Louis!!!!

Best Steaks: Jake's Steaks!!!!!!!!!! (thumb) At Lacledes Landing.

STLBLKMSP said:
For some people that is what they look for in a car and as for classy looks the 350Z looks classier than an rx8.

I don't know about classier, but the 350Z does look better IMO. Nowith the Mazdaspeed Japan body kit, it makes the car look 100 times better. But I still like the Z better :)

Back