Watch out for front window tinting

jayka

A friend of mine got a ticket for tinting the front windows
The cop didn't notice my car. I'm lucky :D
He drives RSX-typeS and he was leading the way.
Suddenly a cop came into our way and was following my friend's RSX. We didn't speed and we didn't have anything wrong, but the cop pulled him over. I parked my car in front of RSX.
He told my friend that tinting front windows are illegal and he wrote a ticket without a warning. Luckly, he didn't see my car which was parked right in front of RSX. He tinted 35% and got $85 CAD ticket. There were so many cops downtown at that night, so I had to open the front windows :D whenever I saw cops. You guys watch out for cops. They will get you and write tickets for anything.

Now you tell me! I wasn't sure if I was going to do the front windows but then this old guy in a brand new $75000 BMW had his car in and was getting the front windows done. I thought well if he's doing it I'm doing it! Then the tinter said that police rarely pull over rich guys...they pay the most taxes! Maybe your friend being pulled over was a "random" act.

Front window tinting is just stupid..

You should have the best visibility, and out of any window, it should be the front one.

You do need to see where you are going..

Tint does remove some visibility, and even more so at night..

You get into an accident, you will be so ******...

It's not yet illegal in Washington...thank God. But I wouldn't be surprised if this liberal pink-o state DOES create the law - it'd bring a LOT of tickets. This state, and perhaps most states, simply enact laws as a way to generate revenue .

:-/

I have 35% all around (but nothing on the windsheild) but my car is an excellent color for avoiding attention. Cops never give me a second look.

mctoone said:
Now you tell me! I wasn't sure if I was going to do the front windows but then this old guy in a brand new $75000 BMW had his car in and was getting the front windows done. I thought well if he's doing it I'm doing it! Then the tinter said that police rarely pull over rich guys...they pay the most taxes! Maybe your friend being pulled over was a "random" act.

This guy with the $75k BMW can afford $80 tickets now and then...I know I can so I am not going to get the front done again.

I had 2 cars with the front tinted, both times done by those fags SHC in esq.:bs:

i have my windows done 18% on the sides and back and my windsheild is done 50% with a 5% strip at the top. cops have never given me s***. 50% is hard to notice, it just knocks the glare down and its even easier to drive in the rain at night like it is now. There are a few cops in town that come to the shop and know i have it tinted. Some have even got there personal cars odne after they see mine. i agree that tint that is too dark should be illegal but it is hard to decide what is too dark seeing as how people have different eyesight.

andyfatsax said:

I had 2 cars with the front tinted, both times done by those fags SHC in esq.:bs:

SHC!!! Were you in Victoria? I did not go to them..Although the Acura dealership uses them...I went to a girl that Pacific Mazda goes to...She worked for Canadian Auto Glass but she branched off on her own...only charged me $200.00 CAD for all ten windows. 5 year warranty..let's hope I don't have to take off the front window tints.

In cali u gotta remove the tint...

if u get cited in cali for tinted windows or no front license plate, u gotta get it corrected-meaning that u gotta remove the tint or put the license plate back on, then they give u a little fine..20-50 bucks or something, depending on city...my experience, at least...:D

mctoone said:

so what's that mean, the police are afraid if they pull a rich guy over he'll stop paying taxes?? hmm,.. i wish it was that easy :)

rules are rules!! maybe the guy in the $75000 BMW can afford to pay an $85 ticket ...

Yeah and he wanted the limo tint all the way around..The tinter has to tell him it would make his BMW look cheap. He was only tinting his windows because he always drove around with his dog in the car. Who knows what is in the head of the police. I get the impression that they will only say something about the tint if they pull you over for something else like speeding. Lets hope so. I have had so many speeding tickets in my youth that I have leart to drive kind of within the speed limit!

mctoone said:
SHC!!! Were you in Victoria? I did not go to them..Although the Acura dealership uses them...I went to a girl that Pacific Mazda goes to...She worked for Canadian Auto Glass but she branched off on her own...only charged me $200.00 CAD for all ten windows. 5 year warranty..let's hope I don't have to take off the front window tints.

Yeah I was in Vic for 5 years. SHC sucks ass, sounds like the place you went to is a good hook up.:eek:

jayka said:
A friend of mine got a ticket for tinting the front windows
The cop didn't notice my car. I'm lucky :D
He drives RSX-typeS and he was leading the way.
Suddenly a cop came into our way and was following my friend's RSX. We didn't speed and we didn't have anything wrong, but the cop pulled him over. I parked my car in front of RSX.
He told my friend that tinting front windows are illegal and he wrote a ticket without a warning. Luckly, he didn't see my car which was parked right in front of RSX. He tinted 35% and got $85 CAD ticket. There were so many cops downtown at that night, so I had to open the front windows :D whenever I saw cops. You guys watch out for cops. They will get you and write tickets for anything.

the front windshield is the only one that can't be legally tinted all the way down, the side windows you can tint all you want as long as there legal cops shouldn't give u s*** for it.. mine is 15 percent all the way around sept front has 15% drop tint 6 - 8 inches and i been pulled over and cops never say anything..

some good tips when u see cops roll down ur windows and turn on ur interior lights and it makes ur tint look a hell of alot lighter than it actually is.. if you have a sunroof dont tint the sunroof or open the roof if u see a cop.

Back