Woo hoo...got my new Protege 5!!!

mah p5

Hey all, well, I was set on white but I ended up with a Yellow P5 instead. Here's the story:

I was gonna be patient and save up a bit cause I still owed money on my 1999 10th Anniversary Miata (which I traded in). It was Friday night and my girl and I were being lazy bums and stayed in. Fell asleep at like 10:30 and then come 3:30 am, I got the case of the munchies. We both decided to head over to the local IHOP. On the way back, I was like, can we just stop by the Subaru and Mazda dealerships to see what they have. Subaru didn't have a white WRX wagon so I went to Mazda to see if they still had the white P5 in stock. Pull up to the dealership and what do I see? A Yellow P5 that was just delivered. I knew I had to have it. I figured it was impossible to get one now but it was there. So, Saturday morning I woke up and went over to the dealership (Brown's Mazda in Fairfax, VA). Anyways, luckily I did my pricing research and finance research cause I got the car's price settled pretty quickly. $16,800 with moonroof, 5sp, floor mats, cargo net. Sucks no ABS...but I got the car for $250 over invoice so I was happy.

Now I'm ready to start buying parts soon as it's broken in. Man, I love the car. Could use a bit more power, but my payments are sooooo much lower now so I'm happy.

Thanks for listenin to me ramble...you'll be seeing me on here more often!

Lol as much as I love the P5... I would have kept the money and bought a supercharger kit for the anniversay miata you had... but eh.. have fun with your Speeding ticket yellow P5

Trust me, I would've loved to keep the miata but it was just getting too impractical at times for space and bad weather. Hopefully a forced induction kit will come for the P5.

BTW, anyone on this board or know anyone who has a blue MP3 that lives at Avalon Fair Lakes?

Back