strange noises after automated car wash

NAYo2002

I just went to an automatic carwash because they also do hand wax for 13 bucks extra. I didn't feel like spending 2 hours in the heat so I went there.

It was all fine and dandy right after the wash... the car looks great and all... then when I drove off during low speed acceleration the car makes noises as if the fan is hitting something...

is that normal?

but after driving around for awhile that noise went away, and i notice another noise coming from the passenger side of the car. It sounds like somthing is loose around the door area. I couldn't locate where exactly it's coming from. Maybe it's always there, I just never notice it because I usually dont try to listen for strange noises until yesterday.

Do you guys hear a noise that sound like something is loose in the door?

WTF !

LOL

Thats strange, did they bump something that they were not supposed to hit, i know they like to slam doors and open them as far as they can go and then some.

You said you went through an automatic car wash..Is that the with the big brushes etc? I find that the add on fender flares and the back bumper are not on all that tight. I can wriggle the back bumper and well as the side add ons...Maybe going through those big brushes bent them or loosened them. Does anyone else have loose add ons...fender flares or whatever they are called?

Well, I hope we all learn from this experience, to not go through automated car washes, especially the soft cloth ones..

Non will touch this car till the day I stop caring about the paint job (not for a long time).

I will go to the placesn where I do it myself. The little extra love and care will go a long way..

Ahhhh yes... the auto wash... I remember when I had my '87 Dodge Colt... crap car yes, but worth being torn apart in the auto wash when it's the only vehicle I had and well it kinda needed the windsheild moulding... hrmmm... auto wash BAD!!!

Put some lovin' into your paint... Mazda paint sucks enough as it is....

yea it is the one with brushes.... yea now that i think about it... i got a little scratch on the paint in the back... more like an indention than a scratch actually... the paint is still there but there's a really thin dent like it's burned on or something.

Back