Mazda using cheap a** tape!

VegasMSP

Contributor
:
Was: 2003.5 Blazing Yellow MSP, Now: '05 Silver SRT-4
Ok after only having the car for 2 weeks I decide to wash her today. I know Vegas is hot and all but I noticed my rear lower lip of the bodykit peeled away from the bumper. I could see the entire double sided tape of the whole back bumper. The tape had lost its stick to keep the lip on :mad: . Luckily I borrowed :rolleyes: a roll of industrial doubled sided tape from work today hehe. Just wondering if any of you peeps had this problem? I also think the heat from the exhaust tip isn't helping this situation.

Saw the same at the dealer...

The Mazda dealer is close to my house and I go there to chat with some of the guys, and i noticed that a few of the showroom 2003.5 MSP's front AND rear lip was kinda peeling off at different locations :( ...not too thrilled about the quality control with this issue. Regardless, i'm still looking for someone who want's to sell me the front lower lip off of their 2003.5 MSP :D

Protege5Lava: Wait around the Mazda dealer long enough I'm sure w/ the quality control of 2003.5 a front lip may fall off w/ that top notch stick from the tape :D

RazorP5: Don't hate the team (Mazda Owners), Hate the competition (other then Mazda)

that sucks, i did notice that the front bumper is a bunch of pieces, i dont like that...

even though it looks like im hating, its really a sympathy smiley for all you MSP owners :)

pdhaudio said:
that sucks, i did notice that the front bumper is a bunch of pieces, i dont like that...

Actually, if i'm not mistaken, the front bumper is identical to a P5, MP3, etc..it's just that the 2003.5 has an additional lip (and I think it's 1-piece)...and I love it! :D and I want it...

Sorry to break the topic here, but I was in Vegas all last week for my company. Too bad they were being cheap and stuck me in the Frontier Hotel. If I had known that there were members out there, I would have posted to have a mini meet or something.

Heh....I thought about washing my car today too, but Vegas weather sucks. I haven't washed my ride in about a month, because the weather has been crap lately.

talk about crappy weather, it's rained over our yearly total already here in Greensboro, NC. Every time I get ready to wash my car seems like a bolt of lightning crashes down.

You know what's funny about Vegas they said its monsoon season right now? I think we hit our 1/4 inch of rain for the year the past 2 weeks woohoo!

Yeah...I don't know what's worse in Vegas...the blazing ******* heat or the light sprinkles bad enough to **** up your wash.

dont even start us new englanders on weather... its sunny one minute then the next thunderstorms, then it is 110 outside then its 50 then 100 again then it starts snowing.

Here in PA I think it rained twice yesterday. Both full-on downpours. Both for about 10 minutes. Sunny the rest of the time. Just enough rain to spot up my black beauty. :mad:

Back