leaking coolant

hey guys,

i'm new to the board, so i'd just like to say hello.
i took my MSP in for service today. it has a coolant leak, and i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

as an owner of domestic cars all my life, i gotta say that overall, i luv my MSP !!!
:D
it handles better than my BMW, AND THAT'S SAYIN' SOMETHIN' !!
the hp is OK,but if i really want to kick some booty... i have a 488 rwhp mustang for that.

oh yeah, if there are any MSP owners in NC, give me a shout out.

see ya

Coolant leak coming off the inlet line going to the turbo? It is common on the MSP.

Photo of leak

Was it dripping on the ground or did you just notice the levels getting low.

Should be covered on warrenty though.

it wasn't leaking on the ground, but i could see green crud around the hoses. one other thing that i noticed is a stumble on hard acceleration in 3rd gear. i am looking for a way to get rid of that

Yep that is the leak that people have experianced.

The stumble is the famous hestiation of the MSP. The Stock fuel curve is really bad on these cars to where it is dumping way to much fuel.

Mazda is working on a fix, but they've said that for awhile now. So hopefully they get it figured out soon.

There is also a kit that a guy sells here that supposely fixes the problem.

I changed the hose clamps to a "worm gear" clamp. No leak no stink

Much more appealing to drive if you don't stink like ass!

REMillers said:
Coolant leak coming off the inlet line going to the turbo? It is common on the MSP.

Photo of leak

Was it dripping on the ground or did you just notice the levels getting low.

Should be covered on warrenty though.

Hm.... That looks awful familiar! :D

hey.......... i live in Fuquay-Varina. just moved here from Maryland.
give me the location of the meet and i'll be there !!!!!!!!!

The location of the meet is in the thread that I posted in my previous link;) (look up at my post) You aren't too far away so just send a pm or give me a shout on AIM/MSN if you ever want to meet up.

Back