Colour fading

edwinlaw

In another thread, someone mentioned something about colour fading under the sun. How bad is it? Does anyone have any experience?

I am picking up my new Yellow P5 tomorrow :(

if you take care of your paint it will shine like new for years and years. If you take it through auto washes and never use wax or polish your paint, it will fade.

BTW: Welcome to the board! (drinks)

yes, welcome. speaking of which, ive got 4500miles on my car its time for a wax...maybe this weekend

The worst is the salt from the highways during 'snow season.' Unfortunately there isn't much you can do during the winter months but I typically will put a triple layer of wax/protectant/sealant on my car every month.

Eh? I was my car in the winter almost as much as in the summer.
Try to find the do it yourself wash where you can have the pressure hose, spray the salt off and soap it up. Works well for the quick salt cleaning.

Or I would be out in the freezing washing it at home :)

I have had my car for over a year. I have never waxed it, and I do take it through the auto wash during the winter. I also park it outside. So far I have seen no fading. But who knows, my luck might start to run out.

Interesting Todd.... I always wondered if wax was really a myth or not. I mean sure it helps it shine but how much can it possibly protect. It's a very thin layer that comes off when u rub it with a damp cloth after all.

It is interesting. But for whatever reason, I swear, my paint job is just as good as day one if you minus a few little stone chips. My car would be like day one if some a-hole didnt dent the side of it in a parking lot with a shopping cart or something. I can get it fixed but it will cost 500 bones. I will still probably fix it.

Im drunk right now so Im going to go to bed. (beer)

Thank you guys for all your replies. I am getting my car after work today.

BTW, is it true that there are more women driving a yellow P5 then men? Yellow is not my first choice, but it is certainly for my wife.

I dont know the ratio of men vs women driving the yellow P5. I can tell you that I am a man and have a Yellow P5 and this is my first choice.

I see you are from Markham, I am too. So see you around fellow Markham Yellow P5 guy :D

I started taking notice on the yellow P5 drivers on the road a few days ago. Spotted a few, but only able to identify the drivers for 2, both women :(

I have a colleague who is also a man and driving a yellow P5. His original choice was white, but it was out-of-stock at that time. So he got a yellow one. He told me that from his observation, he estimated the ratio was roughly 40% for men and 60% for women.

I guess I should start a poll on this topic ;)

Hei Todd, nice to meet you. Are you also a member of the Toronto Protege Club?

Edwin.

I just waxed mine a few days ago and then I washed it today...wow....the water really beads...I like that. Waxing has to do some good.

edwinlaw said:
Thank you guys for all your replies. I am getting my car after work today.

BTW, is it true that there are more women driving a yellow P5 then men? Yellow is not my first choice, but it is certainly for my wife.

So far, out of the 3 YELLOW Protege 5s' i've seen, they were all driven by

WOMEN

It's funny....I don't hear women taking notice of what colour car men drive! Oh no...can't buy a black car because too many men drive them! Like someone already said... as long as it's not hot pink, who cares who drives what colour?

Todd said:
It is interesting. But for whatever reason, I swear, my paint job is just as good as day one if you minus a few little stone chips. My car would be like day one if some a-hole didnt dent the side of it in a parking lot with a shopping cart or something. I can get it fixed but it will cost 500 bones. I will still probably fix it.

Im drunk right now so Im going to go to bed. (beer)

was there any paint damage or just a dent? i had a "ding" in my driver side front fender (right by the sidemarker) and i had it removed from DentWizard (http://www.dentwizard.com/) .. i can't tell you how much it really cost because the dealer covered it since it happened within the first 90 days of me buying the car (nice dealership showing appreciation), but the paintless dent repair isn't as expensive as you might expect.. i would think having a ding removed (depending on size) will range between $50 - $100 each. Bigger dents may cost just a tad more..

Back