SE-R Promo CD!

Antoine

Administrator
Man I just got this CD in the mail (if you get Turbo mag, its in the current issue) this thing plays a short anime and has all these cool features including music...very cool...they are really pushing the promo on this car...wish Mazda had created a whole anime concept for the MP3 and P5...cool stuff :D

Anyone see it? "Master of the sixth speed"

I believe it's all done with Macromedia software...can anyone create something similar for the MP3 and P5...that would be priceless...could be a whole series :eek:

i got that yesterday... its pretty cool, but i dont like the ser,.... nissan ruined the ser's reputation and look

I just got it in the mail yeaterday. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I went out last week and took out the spec V that my local dealer had gotten in. It was sweet! The power was awesome, but the interior looked like the commuter car it is based on, besides the Skyline styled seats. Maybe if the interior was better I might consider getting one of those to put with my other toys.

mazdamp3_18 said:
i got that yesterday... its pretty cool, but i dont like the ser,.... nissan ruined the ser's reputation and look

They may have ruined the reputation and looks, but they also managed to make it faster. :D I think the SE-R is a lot better now than it was before. Why they didn't release it in the Coupe format...we will never know. Probably had something to do with coupes not selling as well as sedans. I also go the chance to test drive the SE-R Spec V and I must say, it has a much better response than the MP3. It felt a real strong exiting turns thanks to the slip of course. Only thing stopping from switching over to the Spec V (beside money) is that there is no Yellow available and the have the trim on the doors, which I don't really care for all that much.

Does it only come with Turbo mag or is there other venues of getting the CD? Need to check if I can get it in Canada ...

I heard that in order to get the sports package on the se-r (cool stereo, moonroof, abs, etc.), one has to get auto transmission ... how lame!

SE-R Spec V

I wasn't all that impressed really.

I didn't drive it but I looked it over. It is ugly, IMHO. Red and black gauges, come on Nissan, get out of the eighties...Those red seats didn't do it for me either. Not to mention it's sticker isn't as cheap as I thought it was suspposed to be.

Maybe I'll have to drive one to have a little more apprecciation for one, but the only thing I would want from that car that the MP3 doesn't have is the LSD.

I'll stick with the MP3 over an SE-R Spec V anyday.

I raced a black SE-R V the other day in my Neon and wasn't really impressed. We ran neck to neck. I thought that 180 horse power and a 6 spd would at least pull me a little.

I think that the SE-r looks good, but the MP3 is definatly better looking hands down

I totally agree about the SE-r CD its really cool.

I actually test drove one and was very disappointed. It doesn't live up to the hype.

I just sold my 96 Neon sohc that I had done quite a few engine mods. It was much faster then the se-r I tested.

Granted we're still talkin about dodge here so there's no comparison to quality but the turbo neon is going to me a mean machine when it comes out later this summer. 0-60 in 5.9 and under 20k. That's pretty tough to beat.

My votes in for the Mazdaspeed. I want it!!!

kcagle...I agree!

That turbo Neon is going make the jaws drop on a lot of sport compact peeps...SO...everyone who is complaining...stop talking about how the mazdaspeed will cost too much or not have enough hp...redirect your energy to making your Mazda kick some ass okay?

I too took a Spec V out for a short boot last weekend. They are extremely hard to find on the lots out here because the dealers MAYBE get one a month and they are always pre-sold. But this one was the blue color, which IMO is not very flattering and didn't have the Sports package. Anyway, I really liked how strong and torquey it was. You could tell it had a 0.5 liter size advantage and 50 ft-lbs of torque over the P5. I got really turned on to it, but the part I did not like too much was the overall styling of the car. It felt more boy-racer and kinda cheap albeit pretty fast. The P5 and Neon R/T have more class to them.

We ordered a Neon R/T last night :) We aren't committed to it though because we are good friends with the dodge dealer and they said they were going to order one anyway and we can take it if it comes in or not. No pressure. It was cool. And no deposit either although we did get to put our names on the window sticker :D

I like the R/T. Classy looks and nice smooth power. I love the P5 too, but 1) not enough jam and 2) too damn many of them around here. The only thing that kinda bugs me about the Neon is quality and that is hit or miss. But hey, that's what warranty is for ;)

sux 2 bu

Man, Please tell me you never bought the Neon yet! Warning! their crap. I've had a lot of friends buy them, and they've had NOTHING but trouble. I've haven't seen a car so poorly made since the K car. I don't know anyone with a Neon that has had it for over a year, and actually likes it. They seem to last about a year, and start falling apart. My buddy who lives next to me here, bought his about 9 months ago, it's been to the garage 16 times. And he's the type that takes care of it.

Get that P5 man, you will be so much better off. Especially in the long run.

Hmmmmmmmmm.......well, I have to admit that is about my only reservation right now with the Neon and that is quality/dependability. I've joined a few Neon boards and it does seem hit or miss as to whether or not you get a good one.

Hmmmmm............:confused:

Back