My sideblinker fell out!

I had a stupid little mishap with the wall in a parking lot and got a minor scratch on the side of my bumper and knocked the sideblinker loose. Well, I tried to snap it back and made it worst and the thing fell out (wires still connected). I notice there's two little wedges that will keep the sideblinker in, but there's no way I can pop the thing back in. Has anyone ever tried?

And does anyone know if that Meguiar's Scratch-X or something works good? I'm hoping I can get rid of this scratch .. sigh.

Sorry aobut the accident

I ahev taken out the side blinker, and its a pain to get back in, you just have to make sure you put the correct side in first, then the other side will snap in. As for the scratch remover, it doesnt work, i had a set of skis fall over and put some small scratches on the door as it fell, and the stuff didnt work AT ALL! but gl with the blinker. ;)

sideblinker

are those sideblinkers actually supposed to blink?????
i'm talking about the yellow ones on the side of the front bumper.

i've seen a few p5's with the VW style side blinkers on the mazda lots.

please let me know so i may yell at my salesman

Jester999, about putting the correct side in, should I be worrying about the clips on the side? Because I tried again today, and I think the problem I'm having is that the bumper is too soft for me to snap it in. Whenever I push the light in, the whole bumper just sags in. But there's no space inside for me to put my hand in and push it down. Goddamn it, pissing me off. Well, actually, I managed to wedge it in kinda tight, but not with a perfect seal, so I guess it's OK for now. Thanks for the help! I wonder if Mazda would be nice enough to fix it for me for free if I bring it in when the scheduled maintenance comes around.

Oh, and Racer 5, that "Liquid Ebony#27", are those available in regular stores like Walmart or something? I'm not sure where to look for this stuff. Thanks!

ape.gif

Last edited:
Same prob

I couldnt get that one side in, but i just pushed REAL hard, and i was able to get my hand behid the bumper to provide support so it wont flex in. I know what your say, but just push real hard and try and get another person to get his hand behind it. Itll work out, or at least it did for me. GL:)

For Liquid Ebony you will probably need to go to a paint supply store. It is a professional Body shop and detailing trade secret. Works best as a glaze. And will make darker colored cars look "wet" after using it, and a coat of good carnuba wax is applied over it. It will improve slight to moderate scuffs, and light scratches. Good luck in locating it. If you can't let me know. Email is Mntfsc@aol.com, put Protege 5 in Subject.

Back