Gas Consumption

Cameleon3

:
Mazda MP3 (Blue Mica)
has anyone had a chance to see how many KILOMETERS we can drive on a full tank of gas?? and also...when the gas light comes on...does it ever blink before we totally lose gas or does it just stay on???

I bought mine is Sept. Back then I was getting about 550kms in town.

Now, where it's cold, I'm getting about 450. Really, when I fill up she usually only takes 49-50 litres. So, I know she can go a little further. Since I bought it late in the year, I don't know what she should get on the highway since she's now broke in and all.

The gas light just seems to stay on.......and on.......

450 kms?? sounds pretty nice...don't know if I have the guts to test that out but thanks for the info...

I managed to put 53L in my car. My light was on for a reallllllly long time.. never saw it blink. Don't remember the KM i did but i drive kinda fast so its not the best average.

I get the same average during the winter since i don't trust my 15" tires as much as my 17's... hehe around 450 too usualy.

We have a LOW WindShield Washer liquid light.. now that rocks. Its those little things that make me happy. Every car i ever had didn't have that. :)

Out of curiosity, how much is the GAS cost in the states? Haven't been there in a while.

Ummm im retarded when it comes to kilometers ... but in Miles I get 320-340 miles out of the tank of gas ( 13 gal )... its always different though and that depends on how many times I run it hard and red line it.... have ran the car with the light on for 20-30 miles but never saw it blink.. and good thing is I didnt run out of gas, didnt want to push it any farther.:D

Last edited:
I've been averaging between 26 and 31 miles per gallon. and i'm not exactly gentle with my car. The last couple of tanks of gas averaged 29 miles per gallon.

I'm averaging 28-30+Mpg, but most of my driving is @65-70 mph over flat roads for approx 40 mi/day (commute)
I do notice that around town driving and "fun driving" does eat away much quicker, as expected, but I've never driven like that long enough to get a good estimate of what kind of mileage I get...:) i think the mileage we get is pretty good;)

Filled my tank over the weekend, got LESS THAN 22 Mpg. That was HORRIBLE! Wondering if the autoxing was the reason. I'll find out soon enough. I have another race this weekend. I'll try to fill up before and check my mileage. Hopefully it's better just running sround the city.
As for gas prices, I pay between $1.23 and $1.53 per gallon for 92 or 94 octane. One of the local stations has the 94:p . I like running that. :)

:cool:

Back