window lock out button...

changedman

Banned
Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
Anyone figured out how to be able to control all the windows even with the lock out button down?? I hate when my friends mess around and put the windows up, but when i hit the lock out button, even i can put them down :mad: its a stupid design if you ask me. my sisters 92 protege has it where the driver can control all windows regardless of the lock being on or off. I like that a lot better. Ideas? Just some wiring?

huh? I'm confused

I push the button down, and they can't open or close their windows. Seems to work ok to me

He means that it should lock it out for everyone EXCEPT the driver.

But in answer to your question... I have no clue.

When you find out, let ME know too! It defeats the purpose of having the lockout button if you ask me!

right, it locks out everyone, and the driver cant re-adjust their windows because the driver gets locked out of all windows but his own

Hmmmm. In thinking about it, if the driver's window operates with the lock out engaged, (I've never used it), maybe you could splice into the hot wire for the driver's window control button, run jumpers to the other three window control buttons, and then they would be hot whenever the driver's button was hot, hence making them work with the lock out button engaged, just as the driver's does.

Naturally, you assume all responsibility for fried relays, power window motors, etc., if you try this. I'm just throwing out ideas here.

Back