should i wait for black leather seats?? sport auto transmission?

badboyeee

:
2002 mazda protege5 upgrading to a 2003
i almost bought a p5 the other day, but didnt because i heard black leather seats is gonna be a new option in 1-2 months... i seen other cars have it and it looks nice. however can someone tell me the pros and cons about having it? i live in sunny san diego and i was thinking since its black and its leather, it would make the car hot inside. would leather last longer than cloth seats? will they dull out and turn brown or anything?

i also heard a new "sport" automatic transmission will be coming out. i wonder if it actually will make the car go faster than the original auto trans and maybe just as fast as a manual

Badboyeee,

I guess the leather seats is a personal choice....if you normally have your car parked in the sun a lot....I personally wouldn't want them. for the simple reason that when you hop in....they will and do fry your butt and legs....ESPECIALLY in the summer when you have shorts on! OUCH!! I live in southeast Texas where it gets JUST as hot if not hotter than it does where you are....you couldn't pay me to have leather seats. They do look good....but for MY style...they aren't very practicle. As far as the Sport Auto goes....well I am a MANUAL kind of guy....but if you are getting an auto....you may want to wait....this tranny is just a tad different...in the sence that it was designed with the thought in mind that it would be shifted manually from time to time....the shifter actually will have a different GATE on the console. There again....just personal preferance I guess....the way I look at it...if you want to shift it yourself...save a butt load of money and get the manual which is standard and cost you NOTHING. Just MY two cents and thoughts on the subject.

Sport shift ???

Do you mean by sport shift like the similar one that the RSX has on it rite now ??

Thx

I say if you want thouse things, wait. I would TOTALY love to get the auto stick. Though it seems almost a waist on a car as under powered as ours. : P

Back