BPV Inlet-Outlet ID

servoeyes

Hey...I was wondering if ayone happens to know the inlet/outlet inside diameter for the bypass on our Speeds. I can check it when I get home, but I was hoping to get back to someone regarding a BPV replacement. (the one I'm looking at is a 1"). If I get a chance to measure it before anybody has an answer, I'll post it up for everyone.

Also...it shouldn't make any difference if the ID is different, should it? I'd just have to change the tubing to the larger size and clamp it well, right?

Our BPV's are just over 3/4" .If you use a 1'' instead you should be able to get the stock hoses to stretch over with just a little effort.I would lube them up with a litlle wd-40 or white lithium to help get the bigger valve into the hoses.I just measured this last weekend when I was working on the hardpiping for the MSP's
Matt:)

Thanks Matt! Gotta get rid of the turkey call...it may actually be surging on me. I think I may have overheard it wonk a couple times.

I don't want to give away what I'm looking at yet, because it looks so freakin' wicked that I'd like to be the first to have it on an MSP...granted, if anyone searched through my posts they'd figure it out :D

My stock BPV sounds like its surging as well, and the damn turkey call is annoying. Now i just need money again for an HKS. :eek:

Back