center console

traitorhound

powered by FLIP
hey guys do any of you know if the little pocket under the the ashtray and in front of the cupholders is part of the dash or the center console.

im planning on putting an eq down there (needs a little cutting to fit) and need to know what i would need to buy if i ever need to bring the car back to stock.

thanks

Part of the Center console.

The main Dashboard Console ends right at the Cig Lighter

Edit-Fug I hate my work connection in the afternoon takes forever to post anything. Grrrr :eek: hhehe

NO no no. Its the pocket right below the HVAC controls right? towards the front of the car, in front of the cupholders right?
That is molded into the dash itself, so to replace that, you'd need a whole new dash section if i'm not mistaken. Because when you take the cupholders out, that "pocket" doesn't come with the cupholders.

Cupholders are not part of the pocket, they just sit in front of it.

The pocket in front of the cupholders belongs to the center console same as the cup holders. In fact it is simple to test. Just go out there and grap the cup holders and pull up. The whole center part from cup holder to back of the shifter (the brushed plastic) will pop off as it is just clips holding it in.
The look at the pocket you will see it is part of the center console.
Here is a pic from the shop manual

Link to Center Con diagram
Notice the pocket at the front.

Here is a pic of the Dash

Link

But like I mention simple to go test and look at.

--------
btw think where some of the confusion comes from is that I believe the Dash forms the top of the pocket. The sides and bottom are part of the center console. Have to go look again though to confirm but that is what it looked like last time I tore it apart.

OK I just looked at a shop manual, and my car, and you're right, it is a seperate piece. My bad

in that little hole, there's a metal plate at the top of it (number 3 in the pic)... you can screw that thing up all you want... so mount that thing there... DO NOT mount it on the bottom where the plastic is on the console... it is not replacable and is part of the whole center console unit

TheMAN said:
in that little hole, there's a metal plate at the top of it (number 3 in the pic)... you can screw that thing up all you want... so mount that thing there... DO NOT mount it on the bottom where the plastic is on the console... it is not replacable and is part of the whole center console unit

thing is though. . . in order to mount the eq in there i would have to cut the sides of that pocket in order for it to fit inside. . .. .so either way i would be damaging that part....unless there is a better way?

so the sides of that pocket are replaceable. . . .hmmm. . maybe ill have to go look at that again. . i could have sworn that was one molded piece

on a better note.. .my shutdown controller is done. . .my carputer turns on with the ignition and hibernates when the accline goes cold. . ...woohoo 20 sec boot up time

nope the pocket in front of the cupholders is definately molded with the center console and is not replaceable unless i replace the whole unit. . . ..glovebox it is for the eq

traitorhound said:
nope the pocket in front of the cupholders is definately molded with the center console and is not replaceable unless i replace the whole unit. . . ..glovebox it is for the eq
So i was right, it is all molded together...

Back