Important Question!

311Mazda

Ok, not that important to you, but it is to me. : ) I was woundering if everybody that got a Protege5 in the US got the plastic parts so that you can remove the roof rack and put those peices in. I remember hearing about that a while back and was shocked that I didn't get them with my car, and I went to the dealership today. The guy there (bob) looked at me like I was a idiot when I asked about it. He said he had never heard of that, and called the parts department, and neather had they. I called Mazda's 1-800 customer service number and they didn't pull anything up eather. So am I just smokeing crack here, or did no one else get these eather? I've seen pics of P5's without roof racks that were from the US. Someone, anyone help me out! :mad:

BTW, if you can get me a part number, that would be perfect. Not only am I dieing to get the roof rack off, but I would just love to shove that part number down Bob's throat. That guy was a bastard. "roof racks arn't ment to come off" :confused:

Hey 311Mazda,

Well I can honestly say your not smoking crack about the parts need for the roof rack. Yes they are supposed to come with the car. I jus bought my car like a month ago here in PA and I got mine with it. So You tell your Mazda Dealership that they are a bunch of idiots and if they dont listen tell em to call me. I will tell em they are. As for the part number I dont have that on hand at all but I dont see why you need a part number when that is supposed to come with the car in the first place. If you have any problems let me know.

Brian

Thanks for the reply DigginYellowP5, if anyone can take a pic of these parts, or them in the bag they came in, or a close up of them on the car.....anything like that so I can show the dealership guys PROOF that these parts exsist, that would be great. I see lots of people looking at this thread, say something! lol

I'll take some digital pics in the morning and post them...I think I still have the bag mine came in...sitting out in the garage!

YEP....they came with my car....I put them in my closet and just went and got them....and the numbers on the backs of them are!

REAR RH SIDE P/N: B25H 51 T16
REAR LH SIDE P/N: B25H 51 T26
FRONT RH SIDE P/N: B25H 51 T12
FRONT LH SIDE P/N: B25H 51 T22

and here is what they look like!

roofpieces.jpg

have fun sticking it up the dealers a$$

Sir Nuke, great, thanks...hopefully I can make another trip to the dealership tomarrow and slap bob in the face with these pics and numbers. And HurricaneP5, if there is any number on the bag make sure to try to get that in the pic too. God bless internet forums. :D

I found the bag and there are no numbers on it....it's just a clear plastic bag....I read thru the instructions that were in it and from what it appears to me the plastic panels should come with the car, and the roof rack itself is an add-on/option. So basically even if you didn't get the roof rack the panels should be there....they just lost them or don't know what the hell they're doing....good luck and let us know!

When I bought mine I went through the same thing. Let me guess: your front license plate bracket was already installed when you bought the car? That bracket and the rail covers come together in a platic bag, with the car when it's new. The pattern seems to be, that guys who buy a P5 in a state where there's no front plate, they get the bag of stuff. But, in states (like mine) where there's a front plate required, the moronic dumbass idoitic el-stupido asshole dealer boys put on the plate, then see these "unknown" pieces of plastic and go "what the hell is this?" and toss them. I went back to my dealer and walked the guy around to every P5 they had until we came to one that still had them. He looked so shocked ,and then mad that he was going to have to order like 25 sets of these for the other ones and other owners' that had been tossed.

I've taken mine off twice and everytime I can't believe it, but I like it better with them on.:confused:

hey 4drmp5atr, what kinda springs you got on that? I'm thinkin about gettin' GC's.

I've taken mine off twice and everytime I can't believe it, but I like it better with them on.
Quik, it's the black. Mine's black, too, and I don't like the rack off as much, either. The mounting rails just look like lumps in the roof. But, with colored cars it looks fine because it offsets the black rails. I've seen silver and red ones up close w/o the racks, and it looks fine. The black just doesn't cut it though. So, since "It's better to look good than to feel good", I'll leave them on and deal with the whistling

Last edited:
WELL QUICK.............ITS ACTUALLY STOCK SPRINGS JUST CUT............SAME DEAL AS SPRINGS...............JUST FREE............AND I KNOW YOUR GONNA RUIN YOUR SUSPENSION WELL SO IS EVERYONE ELSE WIT SPRINGS............THEY DO THE SAME THING LOWER THE CAR................

sttl013, there is a VERY easy and FREE fix for the whistle (wind noise) from the roof rack....if it bothers you. and you have had it all the time....it on the dash of your car.....there is a knob right there that will effectively eliminate the wind noise....its labled "POWER/VOLUME"....just CRANK IT UP! and PUMP UP THE VOLUME! PUMP UP THE VOLUME! works like a champ!:D

Back