getting to the next level

:
MSP & MS3
Ok you crazy MSP fanatics!! I need your help! (First off, don't take offense to the comment above... afterall, that's where I'm headed!) Anyway, like everyone here knows... our cars are fast... but probably not fast enough. Luckily, there are companies out there like this Magnus Motorsports and Ion (and I'm sure countless others) making it possible to upgrade our cars for relatively little money... in order to get to the SRT-4/WRX performance level. At this point, with one of my friends getting a WRX (bastard!), I'm all about getting my car up to the 220+hp range. I hear this exaust magnus sells can get us there. Does anyone know anything about it? I'm sure there are other, similar models out there... I'm looking for the best overall product/deal available. Since you people seeem to know everything there is about this car... I'm guessin you can steer me in the right direction. On a side note. HOw much is this bad boy gonna cost me to get installed??? Magnus told me it would be less than 100 bucks since its' just a bolt on. They might've just been saying that to get the sale... who knows. alright, L8R!

CHICO2003 said:
Ok you crazy MSP fanatics!! I need your help! (First off, don't take offense to the comment above... afterall, that's where I'm headed!) Anyway, like everyone here knows... our cars are fast... but probably not fast enough. Luckily, there are companies out there like this Magnus Motorsports and Ion (and I'm sure countless others) making it possible to upgrade our cars for relatively little money... in order to get to the SRT-4/WRX performance level. At this point, with one of my friends getting a WRX (bastard!), I'm all about getting my car up to the 220+hp range. I hear this exaust magnus sells can get us there. Does anyone know anything about it? I'm sure there are other, similar models out there... I'm looking for the best overall product/deal available. Since you people seeem to know everything there is about this car... I'm guessin you can steer me in the right direction. On a side note. HOw much is this bad boy gonna cost me to get installed??? Magnus told me it would be less than 100 bucks since its' just a bolt on. They might've just been saying that to get the sale... who knows. alright, L8R!

the install SHOULD be free! comeon man, jack that bish up and go to town. shouldn't take you long. $100 is probably a good est. of what a shop will charge though.

mods to get:
-boost controller(*cough Joe P's*) and a boost gauge to monitor your boost
-3" turbo-back exhaust
-K&N drop in filter

you'll be having fun with your friends WRX at 10-12psi :)

get you a good boost controller then get ya joe p reducer and defenser,, u'll prolly wanna get the injen intake asap as well.

just be careful when you start approaching that 220 hp range. from what i understand....the internals aren't that strong and the rods will start to bend at about 225 hp. granted if you tune it right, you can go past that...but then, it's just an accident waiting to happen. just my 2 cents. but hey, through the twisties, you'll hang with the wrx :D

alright sweet... thank for the info guys. as for the one who told me to jack the b**** up... Even though I've never done anything like that, I'd be willing to give it a shot if A) it's not a pain in the ass and B) they provide good directions with the kit. second thought... for $100 I'll let a professional do it. no need to fuk up my car over a c note. but as far as which one to get... that's what I need help with. do I go for the magnus sport or Ion? is $1000 reasonable for something like this? (for both the cat back exaust and downpipe) I've heard talk about just having something fabricated... anyone do this and, was it worth it? alright guys, it's saturday night so go show off your cars and by all means.... SCORE!!!! L8R

dude.. there is nothing you can **** up installnig an exhaust.. lol... its as simple as unbolting bolts,,, then screwing them back on... seriously..

yes,, $1000 is a good price for a turbo back.. wrx turbo backs cost anywhere from 1k to around 1500.

CHICO2003:

I currently own and have installed by magnus the 3 inch turbo back exhaust. My car is the one on their webpage under the exhaust section. You do not have to believe me for horsepower numbers, sound, and so on but read what another member has said about the exhaust:
WESMAN:
"Wow XSIVSPD has incited a riot on this thread, time to add my two cents. I have had a ride in his car and have played chase with him for 100 miles, +77 hp is entirely on the level. I have also seen the dyno sheet. My car with two little mods (XZ MBC & FPR) has become almost unrecognizable with the hammer down (thanks JoeP). Angry is the term that I would use to describe it. As fun as mine is, XSIVSPD's car can take off from me even with extra people in his car. We played chase from zero to the limiter and acceleration above 100mph is stunning. The sound from his exhaust is great too, think WRC rally car. No hard numbers, but watching taillights get smaller makes you a believer. HP is fun."

Why not go for something that has been proven. Magnus.

Holy s*** dude... I didn't realize it "bolt on" was supposed to be taken so literal! damn! I'm pumped... maybe I will hook this thing up myself. So there's not much of a difference between the one Ion vs the magnus sports? Magnus seems to have been around a little longer... no offense to Ion but they need to upgrade their website in a hurry. Either way, I can't lose. this will be a sweet ass upgrade. can't wait... K&N filter, Joe P MBC and this... should be pretty bad ass! if only the summer lasted longer here in CT... soon it'll be time to drive the slow ass truck through the snow. oh well.... makes you appreciate it more I guess! L8R

Back