dynamat

noon

:
2002 mazda protege 5
The 2 10s that i have in my trunk rattle the hell out of my spoiler. has anyone installed dynamat or any similar product in the trunk area? or would i just have to put the dynamat on the spoiler? one final question, how many sq ft would i need for the whole trunk? thanks

We had this discussion in the MP3 stereo forum. Dynamat doesn't stop rattles. It lowers the resonant frequency of specific panels applied to. Like, if your door panel buzzed when you hit a specific note, then dynamat would help that. But vibrating the spoiler with bass, that requires insulation between two items hitting each other. End result: pull off the spoiler and line the area between it and the hatch with foam tape or something soft, for about $5, not $60 worth of dynamat.

I'm getting the same spoiler rattling problem. It is very annoying and noticable. Is there any kind of insulation that with not break down from weather? A lot of water would seep in between the spoiler and trunk and the insulation would constantly be getting wet and drying again. Would this pose a problem?

Also, how do you remove the spoiler? Do you have to remove the inside panels and remove a few screws from there?

You know, if it is doing that to your spoiler... think about what it is doing to your brain.... ;)

j/k

- Miker

Back