In Memory of Mazdas247 Member "1338"
In Memory of Mazdas247 Member "1338"
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Supercharger for Protege!

Experience my Member DooMer_MP3's Avatar

Well I guess it would be kind of nice. If I continue to pursue the NA route, a header would be beneficial in a supercharger application if I'm not mistaken. Unless the mounting of the charger is awkward. We shall see. You all have their email address, express interest!

Chris
    Mods:
    AEM Intake
    SPOOL Springs

I can see why Jackson isn't jumping on it, as there design basically incorporates the supercharger into the intake manifold, and thus has alot of labour needed. I'm wondering how hard it would be to fabricate a bracket mount for a Vortech SN95 type freestanding charger, and then plumb it to the throttle body. My mustang was two brackets to line it up with the belts, and then tubing just like a turbo set up.

I want a supercharger though dammit.

I want wheels damnit!!! APEXistud's Avatar

1990 Mazda Miata

Originally posted by 03P5
    I can see why Jackson isn't jumping on it, as there design basically incorporates the supercharger into the intake manifold, and thus has alot of labour needed. I'm wondering how hard it would be to fabricate a bracket mount for a Vortech SN95 type freestanding charger, and then plumb it to the throttle body. My mustang was two brackets to line it up with the belts, and then tubing just like a turbo set up.

I want a supercharger though dammit.
    Thw Wings West MP3 has a free standing Supercharger like you spoke of.

I prefer the Eaton style supercharger that JR employs in their design... But this would actually be a pretty simple fabrication, I would imagine; The upper half of the manifold unbolts from the lower, making the install work out nicely if we could just unbolt the upper manifold section, then bolt the supercharger in its place. The centrifugal (I think is what it's called) supercharger on the Wings West setup is another way of going about it, but generally is more parasitic toward the engine, and makes less power, generally... Not always the case, but more often than not that I've seen.

I'm going to continue down the N/A route, as well; To be honest, any modifications done to the exhaust would be just as beneficial to a supercharger as they would be to an N/A setup. We'll see what happens!
    - Eddie
    ================
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    2003 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Subaru WRX

Its just in the photo of the kit from Japan, the upper manifold box they created is sheet metal looking with TIG welds, which is time consuming but the result is very nice.

The brackets for centrifugal can just be mild steel with MIG welds, and you can quickly fab them up to hold the supercharger in place ( as long as there are spots to bolt them.

Both centrifugal and screw type use belts off the engine, so both are parasitic, I don't know how much more centrifugal is, I jsut no screw type ( Eaton's and Kenne Belle ) are a little more efficient at packing in the charge, but centrifugal can pack more in on the top end ( I think screw type are limited to 22psi, and the screws can't get more splined ). The other thing is that I don't know if Vortech or Powerdyne make a small enough stand alone, the small ones for mustangs are 9 psi, and are meant to feed the V8. Eatons' are generally smaller units, and probably rob less off the belt. Maybe one of the weird G60 ladder superchargers?

Reflector Collector Protege5Gurly's Avatar

Hehe whats nice about that kit is the fact that their test car is an ATX !!! WOOHOO!!!

Pe@ce

a Mulligan

yeah, one of the things they said on the web page is that the power delivery of the supercharger is much more linear than a turbo application, thus less slippage of the torque converter at launch (slippage is VERY BAD for autos!!!)

on June 7, 2004, a Mulligan was born...
    ... and on July 29, 2009, it was gone (from me at least)

Donated: $20
    Authorized Vendor
    Administrator

MP3

Originally posted by flat_black
    the Wings West setup is another way of going about it, but generally is more parasitic toward the engine, and makes less power, generally... Not always the case, but more often than not that I've seen.
    What would make it make LESS power? I would guess that a one that didn't hook up directly to the intake manifold could make MORE power because it could be inter(after?)-cooled.
    Vivid Yellow MP3 - SpeedCircuit Turbo Kit @ 14-19 psi - SpeedCircuit forged motor - SpeedCircuit built trans with PAR gears & M-FactoryLSD - and FAR too many mods to list. 13.3 @ 108 - 18psi on the T3 in 2005
    Be sure to check out SpeedCircuit on facebook!

SpeedCircuit Turbo Kit!

Less efficient would probably a better wording... The centrifugal supercharger is essentially a turbocharger that is powered by a pulley, and I beleive the volumetric efficiency of a Eaton-style supercharger is greater, due to the twin screw design not causing as much parasitic loss as the centrifugal design... I don't have the papers right here, but there's a nice comparison of the two in one of my engineering books. Though the intercooling would lead me to beleive that it would be more efficient, but the pressure drop across which may cause issues with the supercharger, as if it became heavily pressured between the two points, the outlet of the supercharger and the throttle body, the engine would experience a sudden surge of parasitic drag due to backpressure on the compressor wheel. I dunno. =) Just a thought.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2005 Ford Lynx RS-T

anyone interested in a supercharger for mazda protege...put mine up for sale on the FS thread

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...ege-%28FSDE%29

Registered Member StealthWyvern's Avatar

03.5 YLW MSP

holy old thread bump batman! Previous update before yours was in 2003! lol

2017 Subaru WRX 6MT | 2006 Mazda MX-5 Sport 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by 05Lynx_RST View Post
    anyone interested in a supercharger for mazda protege...put mine up for sale on the FS thread

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123813623-FS-Bolt-On-Ogura-SUPERCHARGER-for-Mazda-Protege-(FSDE)
    Please stop spamming. Thank you.

Registered Member KustombyJustin's Avatar

2003.5 MSP Blazing Yellow

**Levantado de los muertos**

UPDATED WITH TRANSLATED TEXT FOR HISTORICAL DOCUMENTATION AND INFORMATION

Tierra Super Charger Kit Project

First, the development of models: Ford RS Tierra

Second, the application cars: Ford Tierra 2.0 / 1.8 / Mazda 323 2.0 / 1.8

Third, the design and development:. AAI nation International Ltd. / Japan OGURA Corporation / SUNWARD INTERNATIONAL, INC

IV vehicle data
    Specifications :

1. Original horsepower output data: 142ps

2. Actual wheel output horsepower: about 133ps

3. Mechanical booster wheel output horsepower : 180ps maximum adjustable to 210ps
    Five, Super Charger Kit components:
    1. supercharger body 2. Compressor fixed bracket 3. Large intake manifolds and piping 4. Gasoline pipeline 5. Oil rails
    6. Rail fixed bracket 7. Increase the nozzle
    (550c.c./s 4)
    8. Electronic pressure control valve 8.AAI Cybertech
      Computer Programmable
      Engine Control Computer

Sixth, the first test:
    Time:
    September 5, 2002
    Weather:
    cloudy day
    Temperature:
    about 24 C
    Tester:
    Chen Junshu / Zeng Hongren

Since this set of pressurization systems will be managed in the future with the AAI Cybertech Computer Programmable Engine, the AAI's staff arrives in Japan and the next day will be immediately connected to the computer line, as well as oil and ignition system adjustment work. In order to obtain the best setting, in the adjustment process must match the horsepower testing machine, according to the horsepower test machine data, and then by the external notebook computer to do the details of the amendment, so the process repeated again and again until the Good horsepower curve. In the process of testing, due to the original vehicle equipped with the nozzle, the fuel supply can not achieve the optimal demand, so decided to replace the larger fuel rate of the nozzle, as part of the gasoline pump, then keep The original setting. When the mechanical booster system has not been installed, the maximum output horsepower on the wheel is 133 ps. After the adjustment of the mechanical supercharger and the adjustment of the whole day, the power output is up to 180 ps, ​​followed by the next day test.

Seven, the second test :
    Time:
    September 6, 2002
    Weather:
    cloudy day
    Temperature:
    about 24 C
    Tester:

The second day of the test site is arranged in Nagoya, Japan Mitsunami Mouta Land test site, although the scale of the test site is not large (about the domestic TIS Longtan racing car almost), but to carry out vehicle testing work, but is its capability, especially Is a fairly long straight line distance, for the performance of the vehicle horsepower, is a great test. The next morning is still in the Nagoya plant to do the final adjustment, until 1 pm more than a large number of troops was opened to the racetrack. Today's test is mainly by the chief design engineer Mr. Kudo, and AAI's Michael to carry out, mainly to allow technicians to fully understand the actual situation of the vehicle, so that technicians can according to the actual experience, the vehicle to do the best adjustment, which also Can not help but the attitude of the Japanese professional and way, feel quite admire.

Eight, the third test:
    Time:
    September 6, 2002
    Weather:
    cloudy day
    Temperature:
    about 24 C
    Tester:

After two days of careful adjustment and exchange of views, the third day of the test can be said to be the main event, in order to fight for time, we have more than 7 o'clock have arrived at the test site to prepare. In accordance with the practice by the technician first to do the final test, followed by the official start by Chen Junshu the ultimate test drive. Chen Junyu after a circle of adaptation, the second lap began to play the best racing character, often the vehicle to the critical state, trying to find the missing after the conversion, after 30 laps of continuous operation, the vehicle finally Back to Pit, the technician immediately detects the vehicle. Although the installation of the pressurized system so that the horsepower raised to 180ps, but the water temperature, oil temperature, hydraulic performance, such as the original car-like normal, the gearbox did not appear slippery phenomenon, so that the performance of the crowd even Month of hard work, get the best response. After a brief break, Chen Jun-shu and start the test, the next 30 laps of the test process is still quite smooth, in order to compare the original power and mechanical supercharger system between the gap, in particular, the staff will drive the booster belt removal , To natural intake of the way to do the test to understand the strength of the pressurized system.
    9, compare test results:

◎ Mitsunami Mouta Land test site best record: Honda Civic Type R (38.84sec)
    Test group
    Control group
    Mechanical pressurization Tierra - 41.13sec Nissan Skyline GTR - 39.98sec
    Natural intake Tierra - 44.52sec Subaru New Impreza - 40.67sec
    Honda Integra Type R - 42.02
    10 test conclusions:
    the installation of mechanical pressurization system after the Tierra, power output is quite smooth, not only start light and powerful, with the continuous operation of the turbocharger, high-speed performance is also very good, in the continuous curve stall conversion , The power of convergence is also very smooth, but no turbo system annoying hysteresis, smooth and abundant power output, very suitable for general road driving, the most important thing is the fuel consumption and no significant increase. In order to pass the domestic environmental regulations, in addition to the power to enhance the package, the rest as the air filter, exhaust pipe, ignition, oil supply system, completely retain the original set, I believe that this performance will be able to pass the domestic test standard.

This set of mechanical booster kit includes turbocharger body, supercharger fixed bracket, large intake manifold and pipe, oil rail, oil rail fixed bracket, gasoline pipeline, 4 550c.c./s plus Large nozzle and AAI Cybertech Computer programmable engine control computer, can be said to be quite complete; in terms of assembly, does not require additional processing, all components in full compliance with the original engine room configuration. In order to compare the turbocharger system with the maximum output of 180 horsepower, the turbocharger system does not increase linearly due to the linear increase of the power output. Therefore, If the voltage is too high, there will often be a slip condition, and the engine will be overheated. In contrast, the mechanical booster system, because the horsepower output curve is linearly increasing, so there is no such shortcomings, which is why more and more European cars use the main reason for the mechanical booster system.

Japan's test data, 180ps power output is only a relatively conservative set of this system, if the test process in Japan, as long as the oil and ignition system to re-adjust, more than 210ps is quite easy Things, if coupled with the manual transmission system, I believe there will be better results.

11, Tierra mechanical booster package price
    program 1:
    1. booster body
    2. turbocharger fixed bracket
    3. large intake manifold and pipeline
    recommended price: 140,000

Option 2:
    1. turbocharger body
    2. turbocharger fixed bracket
    3. Large intake manifold and pipeline
    4. Oil rail
    10. Rail fixed bracket
    11. Gasoline pipeline
    12. Increase the nozzle (550c.c./s 4)
    13. Electronic Pressure
    Controller 14. AAI Cybertech Computer Programmable Engine Control PC
    Price: 180,000

◎ AAI National International Co., Ltd. for the current TAPC members, in particular the introduction of price concessions.

2002 Mazda protege5

So I'm the owner of this supercharger now and I'm trying to find information about install. Vac lines ? Anyone have info

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234