MP3 / Mazdaspeed Protege Conversion Guide

InitialDMP5 said:
I beleive he is talking about this part, and he is correct. also you need to switch out the mazda logos with the satin finish one, and paint the upper grill piece to match the paint. but that is just if you want to be critical. By the way, that car looks good!!! Is that the color that comes available on the sedan already? or is that a custom paint job? Nice job with the parts list also, thats awesome

mirrah.jpg

It was a new color for 2002.5. The picture doesn't do it any justice. You can't see how much metalic the paint has in it. I love it. I have to get my rear valance repainted. When I do I'm going to paint the mirrors. By the way, I do have the satin badges and the make a world of difference! The "Protege" one is expensive as hell though. The part numbers and prices are in the guide. My grille molding is painted also. Make the car look much better from the front.

Last edited:
Re: White Side Lights?

StreetPreacher said:
How much just for the two white oval side lights? I want to change my 2002 into a 2.5, but I don't see them on the list.

-Sp

-getting jealous of all the Jetta's in the parking lot.

I'll ad them on Monday also. Like initialdmp5 said though, I don't know if you'll screw up the fender:confused:

define "correct" :rolleyes:

InitialDMP5 said:
I beleive he is talking about this part, and he is correct. also you need to switch out the mazda logos with the satin finish one, and paint the upper grill piece to match the paint. but that is just if you want to be critical. By the way, that car looks good!!! Is that the color that comes available on the sedan already? or is that a custom paint job? Nice job with the parts list also, thats awesome

mirrah.jpg

i don't think that the 03.5 and the 03 bumper are the same w/ a lip added to it. look at where the fog lights are suppose to be, there's like a little bulge around the edge. i took this pic from someone else's car.

375987_2124909912946877564_vl.jpg

trust me... its the same bumper.. with just a lip added to it.... check out Newfs pictures.. I think you can see where the lip stops and the bumper starts...
]

anyway.. Nice write up 1GarnetredLX!!!! and could you by any chance get me a decent deal on the wing/sideskirts/rear valance ??????? I'd have to drive probably 4 or more hours to go get it but.. I was just curious?

If you look in the front wheel well you can see plastic push-ins that hold the lip on. The lip goes around the foglight holes also.
I thought that they were different also but I'm sure that they're the same.

Familia323 said:
trust me... its the same bumper.. with just a lip added to it.... check out Newfs pictures.. I think you can see where the lip stops and the bumper starts...
]

anyway.. Nice write up 1GarnetredLX!!!! and could you by any chance get me a decent deal on the wing/sideskirts/rear valance ??????? I'd have to drive probably 4 or more hours to go get it but.. I was just curious?

I'll pm you some prices tomorrow. I think it will be worth the drive.;)

B33P-51-120A lamp, side turn clear
B01W-51-120 lamp, side turn amber

additional parts to the list, which are fasteners... lots of fasteners will be reused from the stock pile, but you will need a few more...

FB01-50-133C clip (to mount front wind splitter)
9CF6-00-520 bolt (need 2, mounts to end corners of bumper, stock ones are incorrect length)
9957-83-000 washer (need 2)
9YA0-10-607 bolt (need 4)
9YA1-10-607 bolt (need 2)
9994-00-803 bolt (need 3, to install rebar)
0000-8Y-C07 wind split
GD7A-50-EA1 plastic snap on fastener (goes under grill; need 2)
J001-50-171 license plate bracket support mount (need 2)

for people who don't care to get the fog lights, you can get grill covers that go to where the fog light holes are:
B32E-50-C11 cover(r), lamp
B32E-50-C21 cover(l), lamp

for the msp tail lights (turn signal/rev lense are pink instead of clear)
BP7H-51-150 lamp(r),rr comb
BP7H-51-160 lamp(l),rr comb

for the msp color matched grill:
BP7H-50-710-xx
xx=the 2 digit number sticker on top of your touch up paint bottle

for the updated satin mazda logo badges for the msp:
0000-8R-C20

03.5 msp front air dam:
0000-86-C02_-00

for the mazdaspeed door sills:
BP7H-68-710A-xx plate(r), front scuff
BP7H-68-720A-xx plate(l), front scuff
xx=05 gray, 65 off-black, 80 brown
all 3 colors available

Last edited:
TheMAN said:
B33P-51-120A lamp, side turn clear
B01W-51-120 lamp, side turn amber

additional parts to the list, which are fasteners... lots of fasteners will be reused from the stock pile, but you will need a few more...

FB01-50-133C clip (to mount front wind splitter)
9CF6-00-520 bolt (need 2, mounts to end corners of bumper, stock ones are incorrect length)
9957-83-000 washer (need 2)
9YA0-10-607 bolt (need 4)
9YA1-10-607 bolt (need 2)
9994-00-803 bolt (need 3, to install rebar)
0000-8Y-C07 wind split
GD7A-50-EA1 plastic snap on fastener (goes under grill; need 2)
J001-50-171 license plate bracket support mount (need 2)

wait what is this stuff for? I have the rebar, but do I also need those 994-00-803 bolts to install it? Some bolts came with the rebar, but they were attached...haha frankly, I'm not sure how to install the rebar I haven't looked yet..

Most of this stuff is either not needed or can be gotten at your local hardware store. I also wouldn't even wory about the windsplit. For the price of it you can fork over a few extra bucks and get the DGM downforders or something like that. :)

but.. if time = money to you, then you *should* get those parts from the dealer because it actually takes time to find stuff at the hardware store ;)

1garnetredlx said:
Most of this stuff is either not needed or can be gotten at your local hardware store. I also wouldn't even wory about the windsplit. For the price of it you can fork over a few extra bucks and get the DGM downforders or something like that. :)

The wind splitter is perfect for the autoexe/replica's lips. So you don't
scratch the underside of the lip. I'd rather spend another 60-80
bucks for a splitter then for another lip. But in my case splitter
survived but lip is all gone.. damn alignment shop. Oh well. Just
something to think about.

Also you guys didn't list the mp3 ecu, mp3 front and rear sways,
mp3 struts, mp3 pedals. I guess you guys are focusing on the
looks, cool.

Richie

I could list all the other mischelany crap from the mp3 and msp if I want... like the intake manifolds, the complete exhaust system, ECU, seats, etc if I want..... but that's just a waste of my time

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

so has no one given the correct name for the "painted side mirror attachement thing. "?

:rolleyes:

Re: MP3/Mazdaspeed conversion guide

1garnetredlx said:
Here are the part numbers and dealership prices to do the MP3/Mazdaspeed conversion:

Mazdaspeed Springs--0000-8M-C13--MSRP--$300.00(can get aftermarket ones much cheaper)
Mazdaspeed struts--0000-8M-C14--MSRP--$575.00
Stabalizer bar kit--0000-8M-C15--MSRP--$450.00(clunk included)
Strut tower bar w/ cruise--0000-8M-C11--MSRP--$133.00
Strut tower bar w/o cruise--0000-8M-C17--MSRP--$133.00

[cruzer]-
Last time I checked these parts had little if nothing to do with looks.:) I can put the number down for the ECU but who is going to have the correct core to replace it? And who is going to want to pay that kind of money for 10hp at the absolute most?NOBODY. Most of the people are looking to do the conversion plan on going turbo sooner or later anyway,like me.

Back