28 Days Later

Micah

I'm watching this movie, it's a total rip off of The Omega Man. Well maybe not completely, but it's not too far off.

I think the movie is going to be released here in the US soon, but it was already released last year in the UK. I was able to download a DVD rip using bit torrent.

Anyway, it's pretty kewl so far, I am about 31 minutes into it. Looks like it was shot on a mediocre budget, but the camera angles and cinematography are used pretty well to make up for it.

It's no day of the dead, but after hitting a party last night with Jello wrestling, and drinking shots off an iceblock; I didn't get home until 4am. I fell asleep twice on the way home, nothing like snapping back to reality at 70 mph, and realizing you are at least a quarter mile from where you last remember being. This movie is easily watchable.

For those of you who wanna know whats up with Perfs Turbo kit that's going on my car. I'll be at the shop tommorrow, more than likely hooking up the piggyback. Talked to Perf on the phone earlier, I can't wait to get everything installed.

I was disappointed with the way the plot flowed. The conception of transformation to "the infected" was odd, but unique among previous zombie movies.

While it wasn't bad, scary or sad it did lack significantly in a fluid and thought out plot. Not to mention it didn't really conclude.

Micah said:
I'm watching this movie, it's a total rip off of The Omega Man. Well maybe not completely, but it's not too far off.

HaHa...thats funny!
My uncle just got back from seeing it a few moments ago. I was installing my Dave B. gauge rings when he came up to me to tell me it was just like Omega Man. He said it was still worth it, and better than most "scary movies" these days.

Dude, it concluded fine. The UK is being kept under quarantine. At the end , when she asks, "do you think they saw us this time?", the pilot says "Send a chopper" in Finnish.

The WHO (world health organization) actually does have sanctions for this type of scenario, and they call for cutting off all communication to an area and starving it off. So what the military guy told him is actually accurate to the situation.

If you liked it a little bit, go rent "The Omega Man" with Heston. Then, go rent "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price. TOM, was made in the 70's, TLMoE was made in the early 60's ( I think ). Both are based on the novel "I am legend" by Matheson. Supposedly from what I have read on the web, the producers behind 28DL did say that they were heavily influenced by Matheson's book, but that they were unable to purchase the rights as they are already owned by FOX who was planning a remake with Schwartznegger. I think that was a scrapped project though.

As far as the ending, I'm pretty sure they get rescued. You could dispute this by saying that the girl asked "Do you think they saw us this time". But if you read a bit further into the logistics of what was presented, they will be rescued. The pilots obviously have flown overhead before, if they were going to abandon them, they would not call for a chopper. If they were going to have the chopper kill them, it would have happenned earlier as the girl tells us ( the viewers ) that they have seen the plane before. Since in the shot previous to them outstretching the fabric health sign; we see them working on it - we can assert that they have not presented the sign to the chopper before. So that is how I come to the conclusion that it's a happy ending.

Then again, I'm just a casual movie watcher, I have never taken any film courses, or anything else.

My favorite quote of the movie was this:

"If you look at the whole life of the planet; we, you know - man, has only been around for a few blinks of an eye. So if the infection wipes us all out, that is a return to normality."

If nothing else, the movie was worth the time it took to download it.

Re: Re: 28 Days Later

AbbyVonNormal said:

HaHa...thats funny!
My uncle just got back from seeing it a few moments ago. I was installing my Dave B. gauge rings when he came up to me to tell me it was just like Omega Man. He said it was still worth it, and better than most "scary movies" these days.

Tell him that "Omega Man" was a bad 70's stylized remake of "The Last Man on Earth". Then you can tell him about the book by Matheson that all 3 are derivative works of.

Just saw this tonight!!!! Yeah, I am late. 14 month old kid = not as many movie nights as there used to be!

ANYWAYS

I was very impressed! I loved it. Yeah, it is a rip. So what...still damn good!
And Micah....
THAT WAS MY FAVORITE LINE TOO!

I liked it alot. I thought there were some fairly creative ideas expressed in the flick. The whole ending kicked ass, as did the idea that some greenie, eco-terrorist, ***** let the whole thing out of the bag.

I saw in theatres the day it was released in America...I thought it was decent, and had some of the flaws that make a horror movie a horror movie...It wasn't terrifying, it wasn't very believable, but it was different...and I loved the DV format especially during the Westminster bridge area shots at the beginning...But the flaws it has are more or less the fundamental that make a horror film a horror film...It didn't use any of the corny s*** where someone moves past the screen and a huge bassful scary sound happens...and I like that the infected became infected quickly, so there were no old tricks were someone is infected but somehow acts normal (for example Carpenter's The Thing)...not that that doesn't work, but I like that they didn't use a lot of things that had been used before...

The story falls apart quickly with the infected though...Why do they work together? and why don't they eat each other? What do they eat?...They seemingly work together, only to infect a healthy person...But everyone keeps stating how they need to starve them off...

Cirielle said:
Yeah, I told my husband that PETA is going to be the death of us!

Never underestimate the danger of a bunch of half cocked morons armed with bunk science and utopian ideals...

Yeah, I saw it at work a few weeks ago. Tripped out movie. One question though...

Why does it always have to be tha brotha who is chained up? LOL!

Why does it always have to be tha brotha who is chained up? LOL!

wtf is wrong with s*** these days, why does everything end up being about race

how bout, how come the only infected guy the commandos let live was a brotha, why did they have to kill all the white infected homies

gothmobile said:
wtf is wrong with s*** these days, why does everything end up being about race

how bout, how come the only infected guy the commandos let live was a brotha, why did they have to kill all the white infected homies

You know they were the biggest pussies for being military! I mean really they were pussies! The chick was more hardcore than them!

Back