Cigarette Lighter?

In the P5 how many peoples cigarette lighter pull out every time you take something out of it... for example a phone charger... recently mine just about completely popped out and i was wondering how much of a problem this could turn into....

Mine pops out as well (03 - have had it for about 5 weeks)...to be honest, I just keep the charger in there. VERY infrequently need to pop it out....

Not sure how much of a problem it is or could be; perhaps putting a bit of epoxy on the outer diameter will help keep it in there....

dude mine does it all the time! it really pisses me off.
well mine doesnt work anymore now becuse of it.
if you put a car charger in it ''dont rotate'' it while its still pluged in.
if you need to turn it pull it streight out and turn it were you need it, and push back in. then it shouldnt pull out anymore. mike

Depends on the diameter of the charger you're putting into it. I had one (verizon, I think) that would disembowel the lighter port every time. Now I have TMobile and I have no problems with that charger. All chargers are not created equal and yes, size does matter. :D :p

nice i got the 03 too, what color? i've had mine since march and i just went to pull the charger out to put in a dif. car cause the p5 has a flat :( but when i went to pull it, it seemed like the entire thing pulled out... even further than normal. yeah anyway i'll have to inspect that later

Had that happen to me on my 626. Just make sure that the socket is screwed tight and as someone else already wrote, don't twist whatever you've plugged in there. When you do pull stuff out, do it patiently.

And I use an adapter (like the one below) that gives me 4 more sockets to use so the original doesn't get abused:

http://www.autofreak.net/graphics/FIZZ590.gif

Sorry to revive the thread!

Sorry to revive and old one, I hate doing that, but rather than cluttering the board with new stuff... I searched the P5 forums and really never found a definitive answer on this.

Mine also pops out when I pull something out. I pulled it out to see how the thing was wired in back in case I ever wanted to do something with it, and when I tried to get it back in, it just doesn't sit in there securely anymore, and pops out everytime I pull out an adapter.

The adapter I have is a bit big, but, this never happened before. Anyone found a solution to this OTHER than using epoxy? I'm concerned that if I use an epoxy, like Krazy Glue, the socket will be stuck in there for good...

I'm thinking of going into the right side of the panel on the lower dash to see if I can't PULL the socket into place a bit tigher...but I don't know if that's the right panel to pull and how to pull it (the one with the single screw on the right side of the floor just in front of the parking brake and below the lighter socket)

Help? (help)

mine was doing the same thing but i took it all apart and fixed it...
i cant explain how to do it but take it out and u will see how it needs to go...u might have to turn a little bit to get it into the groove to pull out

it works perfect now..the only problem i have now is if i use my cig lighter when it pops the damn thing will almost fly into the back seat(its funny now but scary as hell then)

I've since managed to get it lodged firmly back into the hole and solidly in there. However, I notice there's no illumination on the ring around it. Does anyone know how to change the bulb that illuminates it?

Thanks.

there have been a lot of thread revivals lately, but yes.. i have this problem too, but i never use the thing anyways.

My cigarette lighter port stopped working all together. I haven't had the time to troubleshoot it yet...

as in pull apart the interior pieces to get to the other side of the lighter?

*yeah if its loose it should pull right out of the clear clip (the one on the out side of the actual lighter ),
*unplug the lighter but make sure that the wire harness does not go back into the hole its a b**** to get back out and then take the clear piece out
*then take the plastic piece out and figure out how the lighter and it go together
*now put the plastic piece back in ,plug the wire harness into the light , line the lighter notch up with the plastic piece and then turn i believe

boughta bing boughta boom your done

Back