Clutch Chatter

prote5

:
2002 Mazda Protege5, 2003 VW Jetta GLI
Is this a known thing with Mazda now about the clutch chatter when cold or will I have to make an appointment and have them check it out and all that other crap? I wouldnt be able to drop it off in the morning cause I only have one car...... any answers?

there is a tsb on this. do a search you will find a lot of info. I say print out the TSB and take it to your dealer. They should give you a loaner car.

Thanks, I already have the TSB I just wasnted to know if I had to go through all the crap with them looking at it, telling me there is nothing wrong..... SHOULD get a loaner car??????? If its there over night I thought they HAD to give you one..... thats what the warranty thing was for? In any case, thanks!!!

you should get a loaner car cause you paid for one. it was included with the road side assistant. do a search and you'll find what you need to do.

Yes but if you look closely the Loaner car program says "At participating dealers". You should call and ask your dealer if they will. I'm sure they would know what they would do better than any of us.

There are several threads about this. But to answer some of your questions and ask a few of my own...

Yes you have to leave it

It SHOULDN'T be a hassle, but some people on the board have in fact had problems getting dealers to fix this problem.

You should get a loaner for this and it's not dependent on whether or not you bought a loaner package or anything else. I don't normally get loaner cars when my car s in for service and they gave me one when fixing this problem.

My question is since you just started posting on here. and I'm thinking you're car is new...what year is your car? I didn't think the TSB applied to 2003's and I haven't heard of anyone with a 2003 that had this problem.

But anyway, if you DO have this problem. It may be a hassle to drop off the car and things, but the updated clutch is really worth it. There's a very big improvement so I'd advise you to get over the hassles and do it.

Back