best wax for outdoor car??

Stealth5

It's SABOTAGE
Contributor
:
02.5 Protege5
my car has no garage spot, and my paint is showing it by having lots of nasty crap stuck to it...what kind of wax or deep cleaning system should i use to get all the pollen and sap and nasty crap that sticks to my paint off? and a good wax so all that nasty s*** doesnt stick on there in the future

i have meguiars 3 step sitting in my room, but i cant ever find a good time to do it...plus i dont know how well it will remove all the contaminants and nastiness my car gets from being outside....it makes me so mad, after i wash it, it still looks dirty

I have done Zaino and it would take him two days to do the complete system. Frankly I am not too impressed. Zaino produces a good shne but there are so many other polishes/wax that can deliver a better job in a third of the time. Try www.autopia.com. It is a auto detail forum that can give you many ideas. For me I put on the Vanilla Moose polish then S100 wax. The shine can't be beat. (yippy)

im looking for more protection than shine tho, what protects from all the s*** floating around in the air

meguiars Gold class is the best wax period. I detailed cars for a whole year and I've never got a complaint. If your paint is rough, get the clay bar system first. Then use some kind of scratch off to get rid of the scratches. I would then use the 3 step system, but use meguiars gold class to finish it off for the waxing part. Waxing frequently will give you more protection from all the s*** that's in the air. Between waxes, use Meguiars quik detailer or if it's just dusty or has pollen, use a california duster.

4 things you should have in your car:

100% terry cloth towels
Meguiars Quik Detailer
California Blade (for rainy days, and if you dont' have a garage)
Invisible Glass by Stoner

PS before you do this, make sure you strip all the wax off the car. If not, you'll be waxing the wax. Hand soap with water to wash your car will do that for you.

I've tried meguirs, I've tried Mothers, I've tried just everything actually, and I'm not impressed with them. I want to try Zaino, they have a speedy kit now that doesn't have to sit overnight. I'm going to wait for the mothers I have to run out, and get zaino later on this year. Money is tight right now.

Zaino can be done in a day with the ZFX- I've done 4 steps in one day without problem (all by hand-I'm debating using a small buffer to help speed up the process)...granted, I had pizza delivered to the parking lot that I was doing it because I was working on it all day :)
It was very gratifying when done. Almost a different color all together, that's how noticeable it was the first time.

I too have no garage and am in the sun most of the day if I don't get one of the few covered stalls by my housing unit. I have found that meguiar's cleaner wax and shine wax work the best for both maintaining the shine and also keeping the contaminents off the car. Plus, I clay bar it every 4-6 months, depending how much time I spend by the ocean.

Have you guys tried KLASSE?

http://www.klassedirect.com/

I have been using this after I clay my car with Mother's. This stuff is AWESOME. I apply it twice a year and not worry about it later.

My Nissan Altima has HORRIBLE paint quality so I have paint chips at my front bumper - but nothing but some sort of bra will help you there but otherwise - this stuff rules.

no no all wrong. Zymol is the best wax made. What i think you are looking for it a cleaner wax. this gets out all the dirty and nasty stuff that washing the car doesn't. check it out. i always use this stuff and it's the best. Trust i have used all the different types of wax out there.

You can't go wrong with a german. they really know there cars!

http://www.zymol.com/hd2.htm

well there that your choise. i bought the HD cleaner for about 25 bucks and it last for about half year. and it with me waxing the car every other week. so that up to you. i rather spend the extra 10 bucks and get the good s***!

but...but...

Klasse = German...

saided18 - it's cool, your stuff might be better I did not try it but Klasse is all German.

New page! :cool: YAY!!

Can speak to both Meguiars and Zymol...comes down to personal preference. I've used Zymol exclusively for about 10 years now. Yeah, I know...I know..expensive as hell, but damn...my cars have all looked great because of it (most of them older BMWs...). We've come a long way since the days of Turtle Wax...:)

I'm putting in my vote for The Wax Shop products. I've been using their Original Super Glaze liquid wax and Safe Cut (for removing swirls) for over 10 years and the paint still looks good on my cars.

Back