It's On!! Ughh Yeah!!!

ForceFed

:
Trailblazer SS AWD ....Still a Mazda Junkie Though.
Ok, so I had a great weekend!I hope you guys did too!
I was playin with a SRT-4 on the highway on Sat. afternoon and got beat on pretty bad ,but I look at it as motivation and a learning experience!
So i decided to put on my Apex Motorsports D/P on Sunday and all I can say is WOW!

I have had my pipe sitting in my house for about two weeks waiting for the time to install it,and this weekend was it!I was also supplied an O2 signal modifier to try and eliminate the CEL that is being experienced with the D/P W/ no cats.
Here it what I think!

This was a mod worth every penny!The install is straight forward and would have only took about 40 mins in the driveway if not for me not having the right socket I needed!
The fitment was SUPERB,and the quality was TOP NOTCH!
I recommend this D/P for anyone with a MSP!It did change the exhaust note slightly and the turbo comes in much harder now!I will say the "seat of the pants feel" definately increased!The only thing that you need to get for the install is two bolts ,washers and nuts for the rear flange .Everthing else was supplied for me including the rear gasket.I also installed the O2 signal modifier that Ben from Apex supplied me and so far after 50 miles of city and highway driving(last night and today to work),I have no CEL!I hope that this piece that we are testing on my car does the trick for the CEL and soo far(fingers crossed)it is doing it's job!I definately recommend getting the thermal coated D/P ,as the finish on it is absolutely amazing!
I give my utmost respect to Ben at Apex for producing such a high quality component for the MSP!:D

Matt
:D

awesome mod! sounds really good.(thumb)

pretty much all srt-4 drivers have the stage 1 they can buy from their dealers. puts them at like 80 more hp than us now...:rolleyes:

Good deal man on the install. :)
And way to take a lost as a learner experiance for future modding as it should be.

On btw and stock SRT-4s are doing high-mid 14s..hmm most stock MSPs are doing low mid 15s....:rolleyes: And atleast Dodge is giving upgrade options...what does MazdaSpeed do..."Here is a hat" :D

*sprays post with anti-Flame foam*

Check Engine Light.
Typically when the ECU detects a difference it will think something is wrong and through a CEL code. Generally they are nothing big just the car confused about what is going on.

Was that SRT you were playing with have a license plate that said Evil SRT?

Because as far as I know there's only one SRT-4 in dayton.

Sometime I'd like to drive your car and check out what kind of performance increase that DP is giving you.

As for the CEL issue ,I will keep you guys posted daily (in the mornings) as whether or not any issues come up with this!I would say it would take a week or so to be sure that the issue has been resolved with my milage and daily driving as a test.I would guess that by next monday I will have put roughly 400+ mi. on my car and that should be enough to determine if this "FIX" will work.If it does then all of you who have gotten the pipe will need to contact Ben @ Apex to get the part to resolve the CEL issue.
For those of you who didn't get the pipe because of this,you will now be able to get it with no worries of the dreaded yellow CEL light glaring in your face all of the time!
I'll keep you posted
LATA,Matt:D

DistantTea said:
Was that SRT you were playing with have a license plate that said Evil SRT?

Because as far as I know there's only one SRT-4 in dayton.

Sometime I'd like to drive your car and check out what kind of performance increase that DP is giving you.

Yup!! It was the EVIL SRT! He had two passengers too!
He pulled me at about 100mph ,but not too bad!I was riding alone though with a buddy following behind me.

FAR BEHIND! after the SRT and I started playing!:D

Quick question, where did you get your O2 Signal modifier? i've been trying to get one from a company, but the bastards won't email me or anything so screw them. Details and prices would be nice.

Thanks

REMillers said:
Good deal man on the install. :)
And way to take a lost as a learner experiance for future modding as it should be.

On btw and stock SRT-4s are doing high-mid 14s..hmm most stock MSPs are doing low mid 15s....:rolleyes: And atleast Dodge is giving upgrade options...what does MazdaSpeed do..."Here is a hat" :D

*sprays post with anti-Flame foam*

You got a hat? damn, all I got was a little keychain light :(

ForceFed said:
As for the CEL issue ,I will keep you guys posted daily (in the mornings) as whether or not any issues come up with this!I would say it would take a week or so to be sure that the issue has been resolved with my milage and daily driving as a test.I would guess that by next monday I will have put roughly 400+ mi. on my car and that should be enough to determine if this "FIX" will work.If it does then all of you who have gotten the pipe will need to contact Ben @ Apex to get the part to resolve the CEL issue.
For those of you who didn't get the pipe because of this,you will now be able to get it with no worries of the dreaded yellow CEL light glaring in your face all of the time!
I'll keep you posted
LATA,Matt:D

Haha- just FYI- it took *1500* miles for mine to come on after gutting the cats!!!!!! Best bet to keep it emmissions legal and all is to go with a larger DP (like you did) with a free flow cat. Not exactly the same performance, but it is legal :).. I never cared with any of my cars since we don't have emissions testing here, but since the MSP is brand new and I will be moving somewhere that does test shortly, I decided to keep ie legal.
Joe

1500 miles!

Really? This is nice info to know! But as I said we are running the signal modifier and hopefully(fingers still crossed) it will do it's job!So far so good but I havent put that many (1500 mi really?) miles on it.I will keep everyone posted on my results.It took us about 10 min. to install it,so it will be an easy fix if it all works out!:D

Matt

Re: 1500 miles!

ForceFed said:
Really? This is nice info to know! But as I said we are running the signal modifier and hopefully(fingers still crossed) it will do it's job!So far so good but I havent put that many (1500 mi really?) miles on it.I will keep everyone posted on my results.It took us about 10 min. to install it,so it will be an easy fix if it all works out!:D

Matt

I think my driving had a lot to do with it :).. I don't keep it in closed loop long enough for it to notice a problem :).. It didn't come on until I hit traffic going a steady 60 mph for several miles while driving to FL. The O2 sim should work ok though. How much was it? You can get them from Summit for like $30-$30 or something like that- you just need to splice it in, it won't be plug in..
Joe

DAY 2.......130 MILES....???

Well it's day 2 @ 130 mi. and sill no CEL! Yes my fingers are still crossed!I even turned up the boost last night to see if this would trip the CEL ,but nope.I got the boost set right around 10psi and OMG! Does this thing scream now!

BTW,you guys got a hat and a shirt?????Keychain???
All I got was a scratch when I pcked up my car and a nice blown motor....HMMMM.....?????:wtf:

Anyway,i'll keep you guys posted!:D
Matt

Back