Pothole 1, P5 0

Rider69

:
2009 Mazda 6s Grand Touring
Well, as the title says, hit a damn pothole tonight on our way to dinner. Hoped the damage wouldn't be too bad, but...
pothole1.jpg

pothole2.jpg

Now, I have to find out where I can get 1 of these wheels for a decent price. Might have to give Rishie a call on Monday!

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh man. i am so sorry, i really feel for you. i have the same problem where i live, the roads are hella bad. man i wish you all the luck finding a decent priced rim. good luck

HOLY s***!!!!!!!!!

Dude that sucks. Hope you can get another one at a good price.

ooo holllllllllllllly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! so whats on there now? you still riding that or got a spare.

so far, I found about $170 shipped. Hoping to get a little lower. I might try turing it into the county for the price of the wheel, but we will see how that goes.

sorry rider, unbelievable. took a bite right out of the rim. insurance should cover it if you added the rims to the policy. if not, send a bill to the city.

i know down u here u can make a police report of the rim/curb and sue the city into paying for a new rim since they dont take care of the roads. dawm, sorry to read/see man. good luck with the hunt - chris

damn dude how fast were u goin? how big was the hole!? thats like one of the worst ive seen. If you had 18s, id offer you a 5th one i got. Same as yours, just 18s.

It looks crazy, its like a a clean brake off, not cracked or bent, just straight "chiped" off...

good luck dude

I feel your pain, man ...

Last Thursday, I ran over a wicked pothole (**** Jersey roads! (argh) ) and I bent 2 of my rims that I've had for all of 2 weeks.

I think they're both so bad that they'll need to be replaced. UGH !! Money wasted that could have gone towards mods ... bulls*** !!

[/rant]

:mad:

if u acciddentlly hit a curb while parrelel parking or soemthing can the city pay to fix it ?

THe pothole was in the Lake Buena Vista area. The damn hole was big, probably about 24" in diameter and at least 12" deep, more like a crater. I will see this week if I can turn it in to the county. I was only going about 40 at the most, not an easy place to speed. Plus, I was behind a van. Didn't see it till it was too late!

Damn that sucks. I hope you get that cleared up. :( One of the mechanics at my work was balancing my tires and dropped one of my rims face down on the conrete floor of the shop (he had it hanging off w/o lugs on it while he was putting the other one on. I was glad I walked into the shop then or I never would have seen it and I never would have gotten a new rim. Good Luck

Mike!!!! DAMN, i feel for ya! That so sux..... i'd go after the city
man and get them to pay for the rim!! Thats ridiculous how a piece just broke off... but thats a damn big hole (crater)

What pressure were you running in the Ecstas? that really should not have happened at 40psi or more.
Good luck...

Back