HELP! (crossover placement)

JAC

:
Allegro Hatchback
HELP! (crossover placement)

I cant find a place to put my crossovers inside the door, it seems that they will always get in the way of the door panel :( , could you guys show me where you put yours? (inside the doors only please), pics wll be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

I haven't had to do it but I have seen it done. There has to be a dead spot somewhere.

I spent almost two hours test fitting and nothing worked, went out for a while and when I came back I found a good spot in less than 5 min. The kind of small issues that can really slow down your install.

Im putting everything back together tomorow.

I will tell you what i did, i took mine, on all four doors, and used 3M two sided foam tape and stuck them to the door skin behind the glass, kinda complicated and all, and would be a pita to get a pic of, but lemme look at my mazda manual and see if i can make a illustration.
Michael

I use doucle sided tape then hot glue around the edges to be safest.

I screwed them in and sealed them with silicone to protect the holes against rust, Im going to attach the covers with duct tape to make sure that they dont fall off.
Ill post pics soon, I still have not placed back the door panels because I dont know where to put the tweeters.

Last edited:
Thats what I was planing to do but I placed the crossovers right over the mids so I dont thing that the tweeters would fit.

You can go to the side of them or ever 6-12" away but closer is best for imaging. Try them in different positions before comitting to a spot.

Back