My MP3 has a identity problem

Did you guys see the first posts in this thread? You are suppose to post with a icon on the top of your post like so.

ive been asked over a hundred times what year wrx is it, i even got asked at the mazda dealer by an employee no less. someone even acused me of lying asking me why i would put mazda emblems on a wrx. it also got confused with an evo a few times but thats resonable cause i have a evo CF hood and spoiler

I HATE this conversation

someone else: What kind of car do you have
Me: Mazda MP3
Someone else: the van?
Me: No. MP3 not MPV
Someone else: oh. hmm.

It did, but the "look" of the wrx came before the MP3, so it really is the other way around...

I drive a Pro5 and while pulling into an airshow, one of the ticket takers asked if it was the new Infiniti. I told him no, then, before I could say mazda, he asked, "Audi?" And again, I said no. It's a Mazda Protege5. And, the same response everyone gets. "Hmm...."

I can understand Subaru, but, Infiniti? Audi? Come on!! Not that I don't mind people mistaking my $9000 car for a $30,000 car.

Tylor

Last edited:
Yea i pulled into a shop one time and a mechanic was like "sweet wrx" i just looked at him like he was an idiot and said it was a mazda. He was pretty embarassed. But i get asked all the time what type of car im driving and they are always shocked when they hear the words Mazda and stock

I love that too (stock). It's fun to talk about the special body kit, spoiler, paint, interior. People are always amazed at how much came from the factory. I've got guys that I work with that grew up with "american muscle" and after seeing the stuff I'm putting into my car and talk about for future mods, now they're getting into the tuners. It's hilarious.

Back